Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Charting

I did a search on Charting here and looked the explorer and noticed integrations with Fushion (Flash based). While the charts look nice we would like to also look into Charting solutions that are open sourced and do not require a plug in to work.

JFreeChart is one that we have used in the past. Is anyone using JFreeChart or another OpenSource Chart application and if so are they happy with how it integrates?

JFreeChart is a server side solution. You will have to generate the chart on the server and pass SC the location of its image.
    AM Charts and Open Flash Charts are flash based OSS charting solutions.

Comment

Gook point Mike and one that at the time I was typing the post I was not thinking about. In the past with JFreeChart I used a TagLibrary that integrated into a JSP that was backed by a JavaClass the provided the necessary integration to produce Dynamic charting capabilities. So I guess I was wondering if anyone has used SC with Server side solutions successfully.

The same would go with Server Based Reporting solutions like JasperReports. Both of these technologies. Wonder if anyone is using them with SC?

Comment

We see a lot of customers using server-side image generation for charting or other types of displays (like molecular structure renderings). All you need to do is have a URL that can return the image (eg a servlet) and use an isc.Img component with the "src" attribute pointing to that URL.

Comment

Hi,

I'm using PHP on the backend, on a hosted server.

In order to use JasperReports, I've read that I will need to install a "Java Bridge" so PHP can talk to the Java engine.

Has anyone attempted this?

Is there an easier way to use JasperReports with SmartClient?

My ultimate goal is to generate a report, with images, and export it to PDF.

For the time being, I'm pumping HTML from PHP into a SC pane. It would be nice to design the report using iReport, then just drop the jrXML into a SmartClient component!

Thanks,
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X