Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Difference between homepage and nightly Javadocs

Hi Isomorphic,

there are differences between the docs in the nightly downloads and ones on your homepage, e.g. http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...lang.Object%29 has a 5 parameter overload in the current nightly (and the docs).
    I assume that the docs on the HP are the ones from the original release of the current version, but as you encourage users to use the nightlies instead of the original release, it might be a good idea to update the docs automatically when you offer a new download.

For me the advantage would be that I always surf in my local docs, but when I write to the forums I have to c&p the relevant part behind the homepage's javadoc base URL and then copy the whole URL to my post.

Is there a reason not to update the docs automatically I don't see?

Thank you & Best regards,
    Blama

For an online copy of the latest docs from the current development branch, use http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwte...w-summary.html (note the "-latest" in the URL).

We don't currently have online copies of the latest docs for "p" builds, but may add those at some point.

Note that these docs currently represent 4.1d builds, even though there is now a 5.0d set of builds as well - noone should be using those 5.0d builds yet, wait for an announcement.

Comment

Thanks,

I'll update my bookmarks to the "-latest" javadocs (and switch to 4.1d as you suggested in your blog).

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I just noticed that I can't link the 5.0p (or p in general) javadocs anymore, as they are 301'd to the 5.1d(?) (or d in general) docs.

Is this on purpose?

Best regards
        Blama

Comment

You'll have to be more specific about what URLs aren't working for you.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/javadoc/ is being 301-forwarded to http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee-latest/javadoc/ for me. This is also true for a sub-pages.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

This is now fixed - thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

this is working for me as expected now.
                I also saw you now deploy the nightly javadocs for the current p-version and not the initial ones.
                I also saw that the the server javadocs now include a version tag on the startpage, which is also great.

Best regards
                Blama

Comment

While we are at it: The version tag is in the com.isomorphic-server docs only and not in the com.smartgwt-client docs.
                  The 5.0/5.1 client docs use a nice theme for the javadocs, while the 5.0-server docs don't use a theme at all and the 5.1-server docs use a different theme.

This is all minor, but you might want to change it nevertheless eventually.

Best regards
                  Blama

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

I noticed some changes here. All do now display a version string, but the server docs are still unskinned.

It also seems that the zip-downloaded power-server-javadocs are not the ones deployed to your homepage.
                    My current 5.0p local docs say "SmartClient Server API v10.0p_2015-07-15" while the online docs say "SmartGWT Server API 5.0p (2015-07-15)".

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

The version strings are now fixed. The docs themselves were actually correct - there was just a problem with injecting the proper version string. We will take a look at skinning the docs.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

the 5.1p client docs don't have the version string - the 5.1d docs had it.

Best regards
                        Blama

Comment

Right you are - thanks. Looking into it...

Comment

This did get fixed a while back - but we didn't update the thread. Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

yes, I noticed that. Thanks for fixing.

Best regards
                              Blama

Comment

Working...
                              X