Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Strict Mode logs invalid warning

Hi Isomorphic,

I have a DataSource (script.ds.xml) defined with ID="script".

I am seeing the following warning logged:

Code:
    2015-07-23-16:28:16:486 -0400   WARN [http-nio-8180-exec-2] attribute 'type' is not declared in Component Schema '{script.ds.xml}' and strict mode is enabled.  See 'Strict Mode' overview in the documentation for details.Object.fields.script /Object[@ID=Method]/fields/script
    2015-07-23-16:28:16:489 -0400   WARN [http-nio-8180-exec-2] Validation errors validating a 'Object':
    {
        "/Object[@ID=Method]/fields/script":{
            recordPath:"/Object[@ID=Method]/fields/script",
            scriptName:{
                errorMessage:"Field is required"
            }
        }
    }
    Here is the field tag for scriptName:

Code:
    <field name="scriptName" type="text" length="100" required="true"></field>
    I'm not sure why Strict Mode is using Component Schema 'script.ds.xml' instead of 'DataSourceField.ds.xml' in this case. The warning goes away if I use a different DataSource ID.

I'm using SmartClient Version: SNAPSHOT_v10.1d_2015-07-23/Pro Deployment (built 2015-07-23).

Thanks.

We would need to see more of surrounding XML to figure out why that warning is appearing and whether it's spurious.

Comment

I'm able to reproduce the warning with the following simplified datasource descriptor.

Code:
      <DataSource ID="script" serverType="generic">
          <fields>
              <field name="scriptName" type="text" length="100" required="true">
              </field>
          </fields>
      </DataSource>

Comment

<script> elements are used by the Server Scripting system to declare inline script in operationBindings.

Your DataSource being named "script" advertises a willingness to process these <script> blocks when they appear in .ds.xml files.

We're looking at a way to avoid developer-specified .ds.xml files becoming involved in such processing (which is a powerful feature, but sometimes gets hit unintentionally) but for now, you should either ignore the warning, disable it (see Strict Mode docs) or rename the DataSource.

Comment

Okay, thanks for looking into this.

Comment

After disabling Strict Mode, I no longer see the warning about the 'type' attribute not being declared; however, the following warning is still logged.

Code:
            WARN [http-nio-8180-exec-9] Validation errors validating a 'Object':
            {
                "/Object[@ID=Method]/fields/script":{
                    recordPath:"/Object[@ID=Method]/fields/script",
                    scriptName:{
                        errorMessage:"Field is required"
                    }
                }
            }
            I added the following to server.properties:

Code:
            schema.strict.all:false

Comment

Right, the validation error really occurs regardless of whether strict mode is engaged, because your DataSource is being used for any <script> tag. However, the error remains harmless, with the same possible resolutions we listed previously.

Comment

Got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
                X