Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT 2.4 in IE9

Hello

I have troubles with IE9 beta in IE9 mode(not in the capability mode)
    I am running showcase(http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/),
    going to F12(development tools) and setting Document Mode in IE9.
    After this showcase is not working, but this, ofc is not the problem.
    My application is not working in this mode too, with error 'object does not support this property or method" in the ISC_Core file.
    But i am really need it. I have iframe in my application(based on smartgwt) with svg element. And IE only supports SVG elements if topmost page is running in IE9 mode(it is absolutely ignoring <!doctype html5> in the nesting iframe document).

The question is - do you planning to add IE9 support in IE9 mode, when stable version of this browser will be published?

Anyone help?

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, I now doubt that you will get a positive answer from Isomorphic, furthermore you will notice that SmartClient/SmartGWT doesn't display correctly in IE8 mode. Isomorphic guidelines is "use quirks mode" (see http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=8159&highlight=quirks).

We also have a SmartClient WebApp that need to display SVG, currently we say "use FireFox or Chrome instead of IE8" because there is also performance reasons in the balance... but with IE9 (RC is out now), performance reasons is gone, and since SVG won't display in other modes than native IE9 mode, the conclusion would be for now : "do not use SmartClient if you absolutely need SVG + IE".

On the other side, supporting multiple modes for the same browser (quirks still need to be supported) may lead to a too complex SmartClient library or to a different library for each mode, etc...

As an alternative, if you really need vectorial graphics you may eventually give a try to VML in case you detect IE, but I admit that's not the miraculous solution...

Bye.

Comment

Working...
      X