Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Formula editor translations

Hi,

I'm using the formula editor (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...tured_category) with polish translations and there's a lot of things translated incorrectly or simply not translated. I've marked all of them in the attached screenshot and here are the details:

1. "Formula Editor", I'd expected sth like "Edytor Formuł"
    2. Correct translation for "The following fields are available for use in this Formula" would be "W Formule można użyć następujących pól"
    3. "Poprawny Formuła" should be: "Poprawna Formuła"
    4. "uźytych" -> "użytych" There's a difference between "ź" and "ż". Yes, I know, not an easy language ;)
    5. "Save & Add Another" -> "Zapisz & Dodaj Następną"
    6. Whole help content, except the title "Dostępne są poniższe funkcje" which is correct. There's also a sentence "For basic arithmetic, type in symbols (+-/%) directly." missing which should be translated to "Dla podstawowej arytmetyki użyj bezpośrednio symboli (+-/%)."

Version used in this example (c&p from debug console):
    SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-06-22/Pro Deployment (built 2014-06-22)

If it's not possible to fix it soon, maybe there are at least methods providing possibility for replacing these texts? Unfortunately I don't see anything like this in UserFormula class.

If You need any help with polish translations, just ask ;)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by j.zakrzewski; 30 Jul 2014, 07:44.

Use the instructions in this thread to contribute translations.

Instructions in the Internationalization topic explain how to maintain a private set of translations if you prefer that, but we don't advise this.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      Use the instructions in this thread to contribute translations.

Ok, I've added a post in translations thread yesterday (http://forums.smartclient.com/showpo...&postcount=127) but there's no response. Please read points 4-7 and let me know how to fix those issues. It's quite urgent to me, because I'd like to have this functionality deployed in production a.s.a.p. Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by j.zakrzewski; 1 Aug 2014, 00:52.

Comment

Your post was noted and your translations will be added to the framework.

But we already reminded you (above) of the documentation explaining how to add your own (private) translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
          But we already reminded you (above) of the documentation explaining how to add your own (private) translations.
          I've tried to overwrite formula builder translations with private translations, but as expected, it's not quite possible. The reasons were explained here but it seems it was completely ignored or not understood. Once again, merging separately translated properties to build a whole sentence may lead to a syntax incorrigibility, and in fact, it leads to errors in languages with declination and syntax that differs from english. Simple example which was already mentioned:

"The following fields are available for use in this Formula" is a concatenation of:

formulaBuilder_instructionsTextStart

and

formulaBuilder_builderTypeText

but in polish this strategy produces nonsense:

"Można użyć następujących pól Formuła"

when it should be:

"Można użyć następujących pól w Formule".

There are many more examples. In general, you should have properties for whole sentences. Now, if I had overwritten "Formuła" with "Formule" it would lead to nonsense somewhere else. You should be aware that english syntax is not the only one in the world :] I hope the problem is clear right now.

Second thing - I can't find properties to overwrite for many parts of formula builder, for example, the whole help. I've already asked about it but that question was ignored too.

Last but not least issue, critical for us at the moment, and more important than translation problems, is that formula builder handler in locale different than english simply does not work. Please check the attached complete test case. When you add and save any formula in english version a box with text message is going to appear, confirming that handler works, but after switching to pl, fr or other locale (for example, by adding ?locale=pl to the url), handler won't work. To build it, you will have to modify "repository" tag in the pom file. It was tested on Smart GWT 4.1-p20140725, but I guess that it can be easily reproduced on any release.

To sum it up, from our point of view, formula builder is not working so we're expecting that all these issues will be fixed ASAP, especially handlers.

Comment

Working...
          X