Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Combo Box displays too narrow in Advanced Highlight Editor

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-01-20/LGPL Development Only (built 2015-01-20)

Defect seen in:
    IE11
    Chrome
    Firefox

Sample instructions:

1. Click on "Edit Highlights..." at the bottom of the window
    2. Click on "Add Advanced Rule"
    3. Select "Date" as a filter option
    4. Select "greater than"
    5. Select "N weeks ago" (Note the width of the combo box is wide enough so the selected value is legible)
    6. Enter some text into the 'Text' field for Appearance (to enable saving)
    4. Click "Save"
    5. After it has saved, click the edit icon in the upper right corner to view the edit dialog for the newly created rule

Result: The size of the "N weeks ago" combo box is too narrow for the value to be legible

Expected: We would expect the width of the combo box during 'editing' would be the same as when 'adding'
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bbaker; 26 May 2015, 11:20. Reason: Added note in step 5 for clarity. Updated 'Result' for clarity. Updated 'Expected' for clarity.

The string "N weeks ago" is a message that can be internationalized, making it significantly bigger or smaller than the English-USA default string.

If you're expecting auto-sizing of that field, we don't currently attempt this, which is an intentional choice: there's not necessarily enough screen space available to show the full value, and it's likely that other items on the screen (such as a long field title) are more deserving of available space. And, it's always possible to see the full value by just clicking on the SelectItem and viewing it in the drop-down.

Comment

Apologies, I left out an important detail in my original post.

The field width is acceptable while constructing a rule. Yet after opening the edit dialog for the rule, the field is narrow and the text value is not legible. While still in editing mode, if you remove the rule, and rebuild it, the form will again, expand the field/window appropriately.

Upon loading the edit dialog, I would expect the field to initialize to an appropriate size. I also imagine a localized string for this field will likely be larger than a single character by default.

I've updated my original post to help reflect this detail and attached some images for visual reference.
      Attached Files

Comment

This has been fixed for builds dated May 29 and later.

Comment

Working...
        X