Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Originally posted by zaj View Post
    But I was aalso expecting that to work in my case,but did not
    I don't understand. Are you saying it is working in the example? Because it is not for me.

Comment

Hi Blama,

Yes it is working for me. I am usjng chrome to view the showcase. For e.g when you change the country from the country column ehich is a Combo box its corresponding country code changes automatically.

Comment

But only if you leave the row. Not if you change to e.g. the 1st column city.

At least this is happening for me in GC42, FF26, IE11 in the showcase sample.

Comment

>>But only if you leave the row. Not if you change to e.g. the 1st column city.

yes if you change the city col nothing happens BUT when you change the country name from the Country col its corresponding Country code is displayed and that is also what i was trying to do. that is, when i select the production line from the combo box, i wanted its corresponding batch line to show. but it was not working for me using purely datasource file as shown in the showcase. But it worked for me using the change handler. That is why i was eager as to what i was doing i was missing even though i tried to resemble the showcase code.

Comment

Sorry, still not seeing it. Where exactly do you click in the sample after selecting a different entry from the dropdown?

Comment

Hi Blama,

anywere in the frame will make the code to change. for e.g. I select Latvia it updates the code column to LV or if I select Estonia it show the code EE.

Comment

What does "frame" mean? Does it mean "anywhere outside the row currently being edited"?

Comment

Yes,that is what i meant

Comment

If you are happy with the change after leaving the row, this should be possible and working without your ChangeHandler as well in your application.

Please note that in the sample, the country-code does NOT change if you STAY in the row, e.g. switch to the 1st field of the currently edited row after selecting a new entry in the dropdown.

Best regards
                    Blama

Comment

If it is not working, please how the java definition of ListGrid + ListGridFields and also .ds.xml files if they changed since post #12.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Working...
                        X