Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Picklist Issues With ComboBoxItem

Hi Isomorphic,

I'm using SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-05-19/Pro Deployment (built 2015-05-19).

I've noticed a couple issues with the ComboBoxItem.

1. When you select an item from the picklist for the first time, the picklist will pop back up again.

This can be seen in this Showcase example:

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#local_db_combobox_combobox_category

2. If you have multiple ComboBoxItems on a form with addUknownValues set to false, the picklists will get cleared.

You can reproduce the issue with the following code by first selecting an item from the Color picklist and then clicking on the Shape picklist. The Shape picklist gets cleared.

Interestingly, setting cachePicklistResults to false appears to fix the issue, but I'm not sure why since there is no option datasource.

Code:
        public void onModuleLoad() {

DynamicForm form = new DynamicForm();

ComboBoxItem colorItem = new ComboBoxItem("Color");
            colorItem.setValueMap("Red", "Green", "Blue", "Yellow", "Orange");
            colorItem.setAddUnknownValues(Boolean.FALSE);

ComboBoxItem shapeItem = new ComboBoxItem("Shape");
            shapeItem.setValueMap("Circle", "Square", "Triangle", "Rectangle");
            shapeItem.setAddUnknownValues(Boolean.FALSE);

form.setFields(colorItem, shapeItem);
            form.draw();
        }
    Thanks.

Update:

I'm also seeing these issues with SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-05-28/Pro Deployment (built 2015-05-28).

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the report and test case.
      We've made some changes which should address these issues. Please try the next nightly build (Jun 2) and let us know if you continue to encounter these issues.

Regards
      Isomorphic Software

Comment

Issue 1 (picklist pops up after selecting an item) appears to be resolved now; however, I'm still seeing issue 2 (picklist gets cleared) using the sample code.

I'm using SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-06-02/Pro Deployment (built 2015-06-02).

Thanks.

Comment

Isomorphic,

It looks like a new issue was introduced with the ComboBoxItem in the June 2 build.

It can be seen in the following showcase example:

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#combobox_multifield_search

If you start typing in the Item (ComboBox), the picklist is not displayed with matching options. This appears to be related to addUnknownValues being set to false as other ComboBoxItem examples are working.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know - looks like there was an error in the checked in code which has now been resolved.
            Please try the next nightly build (June 3)

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thanks. These issues are now resolved.

Comment

Working...
              X