Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

GWT 2.7 - SmartGWT 5 does not load skins

I tried gwt 2.7 with super dev mode today... I do not get it running proper... it seems that no smartgwt skins will be loaded.... my custom images are loaded.

Code:
    binding: user.agent=gecko1_8
    Compiling module com.uds.webadmin.GBookingAdmin
       Compiling 2 permutations
          Compiling permutation 0...
          Source Maps Enabled
          Compiling permutation 1...
          Source Maps Enabled
       Compile of permutations succeeded
    Linking into /tmp/gwt-codeserver-6703683976077409867.tmp/com.uds.webadmin.GBookingAdmin/compile-2/war/com.uds.webadmin.GBookingAdmin; Writing extras to /tmp/gwt-codeserver-6703683976077409867.tmp/com.uds.webadmin.GBookingAdmin/compile-2/extras/com.uds.webadmin.GBookingAdmin
       Invoking Linker Cross-Site-Iframe
          [ERROR] The Cross-Site-Iframe linker does not support <script> tags in the gwt.xml files, but the gwt.xml file (or the gwt.xml files which it includes) contains the following script tags: 
    sc/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js

[WARN] continuing to serve previous version
    My gwt.xml is the same as the one in the showcase:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE module PUBLIC "-//Google Inc.//DTD Google Web Toolkit 1.6.4//EN" "http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.6.4/distro-source/core/src/gwt-module.dtd">

<module>
    	<inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.core.Core"/>
        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.History"/>
        <inherits name="com.google.gwt.i18n.I18N"/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwt.DrawingNoScript"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterpriseblue.EnterpriseBlueResources"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.graphite.GraphiteResources"/>
        <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.simplicity.SimplicityResources"/>

<!-- Include GWTUpload library + CSS -->
    	<inherits name="gwtupload.GWTUpload" />
    	<!-- stylesheet src="Upload.css" /-->

<entry-point class="com.uds.webadmin.client.GWebAdmin" />

<extend-property name="locale" values="de"/>

<!-- Uncomment lines below for GWT Super Dev Mode Support:
           - both lines needed for GWT < 2.6, only the first line needed for GWT < 2.7
           - see http://www.smartclient.com/docs/release/a/b/c/go.html#group..debugging -->
        <!-- <add-linker name="xsiframe" />                                             -->
        <!-- <set-configuration-property name="devModeRedirectEnabled" value="true" />  -->

<!-- Uncomment lines below for GWT "stack emulation" with file/line number info -->
        <!-- <set-property               name="compiler.stackMode"  value="emulated" /> -->
        <!-- <set-configuration-property name="compiler.emulatedStack.recordFileNames"
                                         value="true" />                                -->
        <!-- <set-configuration-property name="compiler.emulatedStack.recordLineNumbers"
                                         value="true" />                                -->

<!-- Internationalization support. Uncomment to enable i18n to these locales -->
        <!--
            <extend-property name="locale" values="en"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="ba"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="cr"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="cs"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="de"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="el"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="es"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="fi"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="fr_FR"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="it"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="nb_NO"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="nl"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="pl"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="pt"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="pt_BR"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="ro_RO"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="ru_RU"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="sk"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="sr"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="sr_Latn"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="zh_CN"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="ja"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="pl_PL"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="id"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="zh_TW"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="hu_HU"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="ar"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="fr"/>
            <extend-property name="locale" values="uk_AU"/>    
            <extend-property name="locale" values="sv_SE"/>    
        -->

</module>

After adding the line "<set-configuration-property name='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag' value='FALSE'/>"... I get the following error:

Code:
    WARN] 404 - GET /isomorphic/skins/Enterprise/images/blank.gif (127.0.0.1) 239 bytes
       Request headers
          Host: 127.0.0.1:8888
          User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0
          Accept: image/png,image/*;q=0.8,*/*;q=0.5
          Accept-Language: de,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
          Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
          Referer: http://127.0.0.1:8888/GBookingAdmin.html
          Cookie: GLog=%7B%0D%20%20%20%20trackRPC%3Afalse%0D%7D; JSESSIONID=ppjym2vjts9j1m4li2bqpb6cg
          Connection: keep-alive
       Response headers
          Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1
    12:44:38.970 [qtp2017044350-48] DEBUG org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server - RESPONSE /isomorphic/skins/Enterprise/images/blank.gif  404 handled=true
    Has anybody any idea?

Thanks
    Andy

Issue confirmed

I've hit exactly the same issue. Did you manage to resolve it somehow?
    Last edited by mnowrot; 23 Nov 2014, 00:43.

Comment

I know the reason... You can not add the smartgwt scripts in super dev Mode to your gwt.XML ...you need to add them to your Main HTML page.

Reference:
      http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/...eshooting.html

I tried to add the following... without any success:

Code:
      <script type="text/javascript" src="[myApp]/Enterprise/load_skin.js"></script>
      Last edited by andyx1975; 23 Nov 2014, 08:34.

Comment

Yes me too. Also I've done the same attempt to troubleshoot it, with the same result.

I've reported this as a bug: https://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=758

Comment

This is the result of an intentional change on the part of GWT. We're looking into the best way to solve how it impacts our code.

Comment

Originally posted by andyx1975 View Post
            After adding the line "<set-configuration-property name='xsiframe.failIfScriptTag' value='FALSE'/>"... I get the following error:
            Note that the line mentioned merely suppresses the error; the scripts are still not loaded, so it's not a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by mnowrot View Post
              Yes me too. Also I've done the same attempt to troubleshoot it, with the same result.

I've reported this as a bug: https://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=758
              We have added an update to the Issue.

Comment

So it's not possible to upgrade to gwt 2.7 because of this open issue ? Please post here when there are not open issues with 2.7

Comment

Solved

Please see the solution at https://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=758

In a nutshell:
                  1) in your module file use *NoScriptNoTheme versions of the inherited SmartGWT modules
                  2) As a first <script> tag in your page's <head> use
                  Code:
                  <script>var isomorphicDir = "[module-name]/sc/"</script>
                  In my case, the [module-name] was "smartgwt" (no quotes)

Comment

thanks for the information so far, although I'm using SmartGWT 4.1p (20141126) it's working.

The only problem I have is with the skinning.

adding
                    <inherits name='com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.Enterprise'/>
                    procudes the linking error as well,

as stated here (http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/docs/SuperDevModeTroubleshooting.html) this line
                    <script src="[app]/sc/skins/load_skin.js"></script>
                    only loads some default theme, but not even these images are loaded, eg.
                    === 2014-12-01 17:05:31,827 [1-49] INFO Download - File D:/somepath/target/app-SNAPSHOT/app/sc/skins/standard/images/TreeGrid/folder_closed.gif not found, sending 404

nevertheless, I want to load the Enterprise theme. in my html file I tried
                    <script src="dgui/sc/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js"></script>
                    without success.

How do I define my theme?

Regards

Comment

maybe it's just me, but loading the skin only works without the '"', eg.

<script src=dgui/sc/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js></script>

while loading the modules works with the '"', eg.

<script src="dgui/sc/modules/ISC_Core.js"></script>

Comment

The SGWT LGPL Showcase provides an example of how a project can be configured to load scripts only from the main webpage. If you download the SGWT LGPL Showcase you should be able to build the war and launch it into SuperDevMode without any modifications.

It also contains an example of a working skin changer (in the main webpage) that should keep working in SuperDevMode.

Comment

A fix for the script tag limitation with the xsiframe linker (default in GWT 2.7.0) has been committed to SGWT 5.1d, and will be in the nightlies built tonight.

This will be eventually ported back to SGWT 4.1p, but if those who originally reported this problem can test their applications against SGWT 5.1d we may be able to immediately correct any issues.

Currently, the fix is configured to run for GWT 2.5 and newer where appropriate. (The xsiframe linker is required for SuperDevMode even before GWT 2.7.0, so the issue is actually present in earlier versions.)

Comment

Note that issues with SGWT 5.1d unrelated to the script tag loading feature should, of course, be reported in separate threads with the usual required information included.

Comment

Is this fix also backported for 4.1p ? I need to upgrade to gwt 2.7 soon and want to know if all issues are fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X