Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

3.1d Toolstrip in Enterprise Blue Skin

Hello,

We have recently been using smartgwt 3.1. The version is SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-03-09_v8.3d/LGPL Development Only (built 2012-03-09)

We were wondering if there was a reason why the toolstrip is no longer blue in the Enterprise Blue skin?

We have run the showcase in versions 2.5 and 3.0 and both show the strip in blue, however the showcase sample in 3.1 shows it as grey.
    We are upgrading an existing application and were hoping that the look would be the same.

Kind Regards

Jeni

This would happen if you <inherit> two skins at once - see the QuickStart Guide section on switching themes.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I did check that after reading other posts. I don't believe that we are, and as I mentioned, running the showcase samples it works fine in versions 2.5 and 3.0 but it is grey in 3.1.
      All I did in the samples was to change the html to load the Enterprise Blue skin as default and we see the differences between the versions.

Jeni

Comment

That's exactly what might do it depending on how your <inherits> are set up. Use Firebug to look for two load_skin files being loaded.

Comment

I can't see any others loading using firebug, this is our gwt.xml file

Code:
          <module>
              <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User"/>
              <inherits name="com.google.gwt.core.Core"/>
              <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.History"/>

<inherits name="com.smartgwt.SmartGwt"/>
              <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterpriseblue.EnterpriseBlueResources"/>
              <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools"/>
              <inherits name="com.smartgwt.Drawing"/>

<!-- Inherit the default GWT style sheet. You can change -->
              <!-- the theme of your GWT application by uncommenting -->
              <!-- any one of the following lines. -->
              <!-- <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.theme.standard.Standard'/> -->
              <!-- <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.theme.chrome.Chrome"/> -->
              <!-- <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.theme.dark.Dark"/> -->

<entry-point class="com.ice.avalanche.client.AvalancheEntryPoint"/>

<!-- Do not define servlets here, use web.xml -->
          </module>
          Jeni

Comment

No really, look at the QuickStart Guide. This is wrong in exactly the way it explains. You've got an inherit that will load "Enterprise", then presumably you've got a manual <script src=> of load_skin.js in your .html file.

Comment

Ok, I have reread the quickstart document. I have made some changes and now have no blue at all! I will admit that it is 22:40 here and tiredness is probably getting the better of me!

What I don't understand is that your smartgwt showcase from the samples directory shows the same problem. If I create a project from the source in the samples directory and run it, selecting the enterprise blue skin from the drop down list doesn't change the colour of the toolstrip at the top of the screen. Other components change, but not the toolstrip. Doing exactly the same process with previous smartgwt versions (2.5 and 3.0) does change it, as does the online showcase.

The new project has been created in exactly the same way as previous projects we have done and the enterprise blue skin works perfectly in those.

I am sorry if I am being really dumb and its probably really frustrating for you, but shouldn't the sample showcase in 3.1 show the same behaviour as previous ones in this instance?

Kind Regards
              Jeni

Comment

The online Showcase changes as expected. A lot of things of different deployment problems could explain why yours differs, but that's not something we'd like to dig into.

Comment

The online showcase does, but the sample showcase code in version 3.1d doesn't. The toolstrip doesn't change colour with the rest of the components.

I used the same process to run the sample code in versions 2.5, 3.0 and 3.1. 3.1 behaved differently with regards to the colour of the strip.

Jeni
                  Last edited by jrich; 26 Mar 2012, 13:52.

Comment

One last time - you're talking about a sample Showcase you've deployed somewhere, many things could be wrong with that deployment. Since you've already confirmed 3.1d has no general problem with skinning ToolStrip, we don't plan to troubleshoot what might be wrong your sample Showcase deployment.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I appreciate that you can't look into individual setups. As a final test I changed the jar files in an existing project which works perfectly from 3.0 to the smartgwt 3.1d jars and when I ran the project the toolstrip was grey. In the previous version it was blue and should be blue.

If nothing has changed in the way that things should be set up then I don't think it is working correctly, but ok.

The reason we were using version 3.1 was to use the drawing module, are we correct in thinking that this isn't available in 3.0?

Regards
                      Jeni

Comment

There are lots of ways to explain this in terms of skipped GWT compiles, browser caching, files you forgot to save, multiple copies of .jars, bad IDE project settings etc. No bug is indicated so we're not looking at it.

No, the Drawing module was in 3.0 as well.

Comment

I ran into the same problem with the toolstrip in EnterpriseBlue theme, switching from 2.5 to 3.1: the blue becames gray.
                          The browser loads just one load_skin.js (and one skin_styles.css), the correct ones.
                          I used both SmartGwtNoScript e SmartGwtNoTheme, and with and without SmartGwtTools.

By the way, in the gwt.xml is necessary the
                          <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.nametheme.NameThemeResources" /> ?

Thx

Comment

It may be an error after all

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
                            One last time - you're talking about a sample Showcase you've deployed somewhere, many things could be wrong with that deployment. Since you've already confirmed 3.1d has no general problem with skinning ToolStrip, we don't plan to troubleshoot what might be wrong your sample Showcase deployment.
                            I have looked in the EnterpriseBlue stylesheet and in my opion the style for .toolStrip is wrong. I've copied the one from the .sectionHeaderopened to my own stylesheet and renamed it to .toolStrip and now the ToolStrip has the right color and theme.

Comment

We're not sure what you mean - the previous poster is talking about the blue gradient from EnterpriseBlue becoming gray instead. This comes from loading two skins at once, because the gradient in EnterpriseBlue is clearly blue.

If you have some other reason you like the section header style instead, that's fine too.

Comment

Working...
                              X