Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Switch from 4.1p to 5.0p - changed Java dependencies questions

Hello Isomorphic,

I'm in the process of switching from 4.1p to 5.0p and have some questions regarding changed jar-dependencies as well as general jar-dependency questions:
    1. It seems httpclient-4.3.3.jar and httpcore-4.3.2.jar replace the no longer needed commons-httpclient-3.1.jar, correct?
    2. There are new files operadriver-1.5.jar and phantomjsdriver-1.1.0.jar. Are these only needed when using isomorphic_autotest.jar? They are not in JavaModuleDependencies.
    3. There are new files htmlunit-2.14.jar and htmlunit-core-js-2.14.jar which are not listed in JavaModuleDependencies.
    4. validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar and javassist-3.4.GA.jar are not listed in JavaModuleDependencies, either. I included them until now, so I will continue to do so. But if they are not needed, I'd like to remove them.
    5. XML Export used to list xbean and jsr173_1.0_api as dependencies. Now it lists xmlbeans. While there still is a xbean.jar, there is no xmlbeans.jar. (jsr173_1.0_api.jar was never there.)

Thank you & Best regards,
    Blama
    Last edited by Blama; 25 Mar 2015, 10:18. Reason: Added htmlunit

On #2 and #3: Yes, those (all 4 JARs you mention) are dependencies of the current Selenium Server JAR, which is listed in the JavaModuleDependencies. Thanks for pointing this out. We'll update that section to directly list those dependencies.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 25 Mar 2015, 11:44.

Comment

Hi Isomorphic,

could you answer the others as well?

Also, after switching from 5.0p to 5.1d I noted that commons-digester seems to be a dependency:
      Code:
      === 2015-03-27 13:29:19,238 [ec-9] DEBUG DataSourceDMI - Invocation threw exception
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/digester/RuleSet
      	at org.apache.velocity.tools.config.ConfigurationUtils.getDefaultTools(ConfigurationUtils.java:77)
      	at org.apache.velocity.tools.config.ConfigurationUtils.getAutoLoaded(ConfigurationUtils.java:176)
      	at org.apache.velocity.tools.ToolManager.autoConfigure(ToolManager.java:74)
      	at org.apache.velocity.tools.ToolManager.<init>(ToolManager.java:68)
      	at org.apache.velocity.tools.ToolManager.<init>(ToolManager.java:54)
      	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      	at com.isomorphic.base.Reflection.newInstance(Reflection.java:204)
      	at com.isomorphic.base.Reflection.instantiateClass(Reflection.java:176)
      	at com.isomorphic.base.Reflection.instantiateClass(Reflection.java:158)
      	at com.isomorphic.velocity.Velocity.getContext(Velocity.java:137)
      	at com.isomorphic.velocity.Velocity.evaluate(Velocity.java:290)
      	at com.isomorphic.velocity.Velocity.evaluateAsString(Velocity.java:260)
      	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLSelectClause.customSQLExpression(SQLSelectClause.java:592)
      	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLSelectClause.getSQLString(SQLSelectClause.java:312)
      	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLSelectClause.getSQLString(SQLSelectClause.java:161)
      	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLDataSource.getClausesContext(SQLDataSource.java:3239)
      	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLDataSource.SQLExecute(SQLDataSource.java:1903)
      	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLDataSource.processRequest(SQLDataSource.java:450)
      	at com.isomorphic.sql.SQLDataSource.executeFetch(SQLDataSource.java:395)
      It seems to be a dependency from velocity, although I think that it worked in 5.0p without, but I'm not sure about this.
      Velocity is a dependency of isomorphic_core_rpc, so that section should also list commons-digester, shouldn't it? Until now it is only listed under isomorphic_struts, which I don't use. If so, please also include commons-logging and commons-beanutils, which are itself dependencies of commons-digester (most likely, see here).
      I'm saying most likely because the page does not even list commons-digester v1.0 you ship, anymore.
      Is there a reason you don't ship the newest version of the included open source libs? They should generally speaking work better in certain cases - and if not in all, your automated testing would find those, wouldn't it?

Best regards,
      Blama

Comment

on #4: javassist-3.4.GA.jar is required, since it is one of core hibernate ORM libraries. validation-api-1.0.0.GA.jar is not required by SGWT, but considering it is included in GWT since 2.3.0 version, you may still want it on classpath.

rest of the questions will be replied soon.
        Last edited by Isomorphic; 4 Apr 2015, 04:58.

Comment

on #5: xbean and xmlbeans are basically the same thing, so you may leave xbean.jar or you may replace it by xmlbeans.jar (see poi-ooxml dependencies to pick up compatible version). We will replace xbean.jar we ship with xmlbeans.jar in future releases.

on commons-digester: it is an optional dependency (we will update the docs), you should be able to safely remove it from classpath without getting any exceptions. Which SGWT build exactly are you using? We cannot reproduce this locally, could you please provide more details on how you get one?

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
            on commons-digester: it is an optional dependency (we will update the docs), you should be able to safely remove it from classpath without getting any exceptions. Which SGWT build exactly are you using? We cannot reproduce this locally, could you please provide more details on how you get one?
            I tried to reproduce with BuiltInDS from current 5.1d (SNAPSHOT_v10.1d_2015-05-21) and my project's .classpath as well as deployed libs list in build.xml's libs step - it seems to work.
            If I hit it again when I switch my project to 5.1d, I'll try to isolate.

Best regards
            Blama

Comment

Working...
            X