Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DataSource Operations are Serializing with Extra Attributes

Using SmartClient Version: v9.0p_2013-07-10/Enterprise Deployment (built 2013-07-10) with IE9.

Extra attributes are being serizlied to backend data source operations.

I'm seeing the following custom operations:

__module - as an empty map

Seeing this in the old values of an update operation

_hmarker - as an integer

These are not displayed in the developer console. These are causing problems for some of our application, where the code is written dynamically.

Sorry, we don't make a guarantee that the client will submit *only* data fields from your DataSource. You should write your server-side code in such a way that extra attributes are ignored (like the built-in DataSources).

Comment

I can do this, but when building datasource that handle user defined attributes, this is difficult.

if you do not know what to expect - how can you ignore it.

Thanks!

Comment

.. because you've got a DataSource that lists all the user-defined attributes. Right?

Comment

Hi Isomorphic
          I am experience the same problem with “__module” in <oldValues>. Do you have a list of all extra attributes that may be submitted from DataSource in <data> and <oldValues>?

Comment

Don't use a list of extra attributes - that's not a fixed list. Use the list of your DataSource fields to ensure you pay attention to only the data you mean to process. You need to do this anyway, from a security perspective.

Comment

I understood your idea. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
              X