Possible bug found when upgrading from SmartGWT 3.1 to 4.0

Hi there,

I just upgraded from SmartGWT 3.1 to 4.0 and I got a problem when using
    Code:
    grid.setAutoFitWidth("studentName", true);
    on 4.0.

I get:

Uncaught exception escaped : com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException
    (TypeError) @com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl::apply(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)([JavaScript object(1694), JavaScript object(1693), JavaScript object(1746)]): Cannot call method '$58r' of undefined
    See the Development console log for details.
    Register a GWT.setUncaughtExceptionHandler(..) for custom uncaught exception handling.

Stacktrace:

00:01:25.118 [ERROR] Uncaught exception escaped
    com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError) @com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl::apply(Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/Object;)([JavaScript object(1694), JavaScript object(1693), JavaScript object(1746)]): Cannot call method '$58r' of undefined at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:249) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:571) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:279) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91) at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.apply(Impl.java) at com.google.gwt.core.client.impl.Impl.entry0(Impl.java:242) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor111.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:103) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:293) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:547) at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Any ideas?
    Last edited by gumatias; 12 Jul 2013, 12:50.

You probably have mixed versions loading. Clear your browser cache and run a GWT compile to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Isomorphic View Post
      You probably have mixed versions loading. Clear your browser cache and run a GWT compile to fix it.
      that didn't help. I recompiled (also removed the cached folders/files manually from my project to be sure + gwt-unitCache) and cleared the browser cache. any other idea?

Comment

It only works when commenting that line. I also tried on Super Dev Mode clearing the browser cache and recompile the module.

Comment

Try:
          * Clear your cache...absolutely everything, cookies, form data, cache data, everything.
          * Delete the gwt-unitCache directory.
          * Delete the war/yourapp directory.
          * Execute a GWT-Compile
          * Re-run your application.

I had problems with TypeError exceptions too, I think a FULL cache clear did the trick for me (not just the clear temporary files option).

Comment

Working...
          X