Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Can we force hover even if the node in the tree grid is not fully visible?

Smart GWT 4.0d (SmartClient Version: v9.0d_2013-06-17/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-06-17))

We do show error/warning icons in the tree grid if the node has some problems. And user can see more details using the hover.

Our problem is if the node not fully visible then the hover doesn't seem to be called.

Could we force the hover this case? (Or show both node name and the hover in the same time)

Thank you for your help.

We're not quite following this description.
    Are you talking about validation error icons or some other kind of icons? And how is the hover being specified in your code.

What do you mean when you say a node is "not fully visible"? Are you referring to it being scrolled partially out of view or something else.

It might be easiest if you could show us a little test case demonstrating the behavior, if possible.

Thanks
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

OK. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I wanted to describe from the user perspective. The icons doesn't matter.

Our hover is very simple:
      Code:
      treeGrid.setHoverCustomizer(new HoverCustomizer() {
         @Override
         public String hoverHTML(Object value, ListGridRecord record, int rowNum, int colNum) {
            return "some record state related info";
         }
      });
      Attached a screen shot. Left you can see the hover display the full name if there is not enough space (and so dots in the displayed name). If the treegrid control is bigger (right), and no dots in the node name then it utilizes the custom hover.

What we would like to see: always show the customized hover (if it is not null). With or without the node name (if there are dots in it - just to show the hover is enough).

Yes, maybe I should have written "the node of tree grid is not fully visible (with dots at the end)"

Please let me know if you need more. Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

You should be able to resolve this by calling setShowClippedValuesOnHover(false); on your grid.
        We've also passed this over to the development team to see if there's a better way to handle this by default.

Comment

Resolved

Thank you. It is a perfect solution for us.

Comment

The original issue in now fixed for 9.0 and 9.1.

Comment

Working...
            X