Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Timeline component problem

Hello,
    I used timeline component from showcase http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#simple_timeline_new and I saw that the name "Charles Madigen" is not completely shown. Also how can I increase the width and height of a day, currently I just 2-3 words are visible. I used smartgwt 3.1 version.
    Thank you.

Have anyone an idea regarding this?

Comment

You can set Lane.height and provide an array of customized Calendar.laneFields on which you can specify widths - see the docs for both

Comment

I don't have any option to set height and width, and I don't found anything that can help me in documentation. Also the example from showcase has this problem, I think is important to solve somehow this problem.

Comment

It's not clear what you mean by not having any option to set width and height, or the height of a day.

To set the height for a Lane, use Lane.height.

To set the width for the laneField, use calendar.laneFields to specify a field that has a width (or an autoFit attribute).

You can't easily make the column-headers higher, if that's what you mean by the height of a day. But you can make them wider, by setting headerLevel.headerWidth.

If that's not what you mean, please be more specific.
          Last edited by Isomorphic; 12 Jun 2013, 02:30.

Comment

Please look on this example:
            http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#databound_timeline_new

Please be specific and tell me how I can increase Lane and HeaderLevel. In this case how can I increase the name column to be visible(eg. Charles Madigen name is not completely visible) and how can I increase the content on one day (eg. 6/3 day width and height is 60, but I want to be 100 for example). The content of one day is by default little. I need to add more comments.

Thank you.

Comment

Previous instructions were very accurate, so we're a bit confused here :)

Lane.height - when you set your lanes, just call Lane.setHeight - as in

Lane.setHeight(100)

and, to set laneField.width, do

calendar.setLaneFields(new ListGridField() ... some field with a width or any other field-related attribute ...)

And on this comment: "The content of one day is by default little. I need to add more comments."

Bear in mind that "one day" is not something that is applicable to a Timeline, in general - it is something that is applicable to the way you choose to use it... So please indicate what it is that you want to make bigger :)

Again, if it is a "column header" (that is, the innermost HeaderLevel), then just call headerLevel.setHeaderWidth(someValue).

We're not sure what else you might need help with.

Comment

Working...
              X