Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problems/bugs with RichTextItem

I have two problems with RichTextItem that appear to be bugs in SmartGWT and I can not make anymore progress. It would be awesome if you have any hints for me...

1. When the user places the focus into the RichTextItem then Backspace has no effect. This error does not always occur but is deterministic. The problem depends on the field the focus was before it was moved to the RichTextItem. If we move from the DateItem directly above the RichTextItem, everything works fine. If from a TextItem (in the same DynamicForm but before the DateItem) the error always occurs in our application. If the error occurs there is nothing the user can do about it while he has the focus inside the RichTextItem. However Curser-Keys, Delete, etc. works.

2. In specific cases we get this exception even though we can not reproduce it in a deterministic way:

Caused by: com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER): Invalid pointer
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:248)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:136)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:289)
    at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.FormItem.setProperty(FormItem.java)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.FormItem.setAttribute(FormItem.java:4111)
    at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.FormItem.setCanEdit(FormItem.java:339)

I have verified that this only occurred from RichtTextItem.setCanEdit. I have put the setCanEdit in a Scheduler.scheduleDeferred block as a workaround-test but still the error occurs from time to time.

Additional Info:
    1. I am using SmartGWT 3.1, version
    "v8.3p_2012-11-23"

2. browser(s) and version(s) involved
    Firefox 21.0

Additional Info

Further investigation has shown that problem 1. is related to FormItems where setCanEdit(false) was performed. Seems that this is blocking backspace what is not properly undone when focus moves into a RichTextItem that itself can be edited.

I try to isolate this and see if I can reproduce it in a stand-alone EntryPoint.

Comment

I managed to reproduce the problem in isolation and filed a bug for it:
      http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/detail?id=715

Comment

Working...
      X