Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGWT/SmartClient

Hi

I try to develop a java application using SmartGWT3.1, gwt sdk 2.3.0, but when I want to run the application in Inetrnet Explorer 8 or google Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m, I get the following error:
    This build of Smart GWT 3.1 was built for SmartClient version v8.3_2012-11-20 but SmartClient version SC_SNAPSHOT-2012-03-09_v8.2p is loaded.
    - Unable to load module entry point class com.smartgwt.client.SmartGwtEntryPoint (see associated exception for details)

I clean the cache of both browsers, and I recompile the project several time but the same result occurs.

Machine: DELL OPTIPLEX 745
    My OS : Windows 7-32 bits-RAM: 2 GO
    IDE :Eclipse Indigo R2 version 3.7

Can anyone help me
    Last edited by hanae; 16 Oct 2014, 04:36.

Most likely, there are multiple versions of SmartGWT in the classPath, so check that first.

If not, you've had an unsuccessful or incomplete upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1 at some point, so your solution is probably just to upgrade again, and to the latest build, not one that is more than 2 years old, being careful to follow all of the necessary steps.

And if you *are* upgrading, we would recommend upgrading to 5.0, or at least 4.1.

Comment

Yes I have 2 versions of smartgwt in the classpath, smartgwt 3.1, and smartgwt 3.0(indirectly in jar of a another imported project).
      but I can't change the classpath because I worked on existing project

Comment

Sorry, you will need to fix this problem, there is no way the system is going to work if you are randomly loading resources from two different versions.

Comment

I change both projects to smartgwt 3.1,and the error disapear. But now I get this error:
          attempt to use datasource of type is server without smart client server option
          I didn't find reliable responses, the only that I found mention that the cause of this problem is that I use LGPL and Pro in the same project and I must add the following line:
          <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEE"/>
          Do you have another suggestions?

Comment

No need for other suggestions, that is the correct resolution of the problem.

Be sure you have also run a GWT compile after changing .gwt.xml and cleared your browser cache.

Comment

I don't understand very well the solution because when I add
              <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.SmartGwtPro"/>, in compilation, It call
              inherited module 'com.smartgwtpro.SmartGwtProNoScript':
              and SmartGwtProNoScript call
              inherited module 'com.smartgwt.SmartGwtNoScript'
              SmartGwtPro call implicitly SmartGwtNoScript, then why I can't add explicitly SmartGwtNoScript

Another point,I look into smartgwt-pro.jar and I think the following lines:
              <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.SmartGwtProNoTheme"/>
              <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.tools.Tools"/>
              substitute this:
              <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.SmartGwtPro"/>
              Do you agree me?

Comment

Hi I resolved the problem by changing the order of smartgwt jars in my classpath: I add first smartgwt-pro.jar followed by the LGPL version smartgwt.jar.
                thank you for your help

Comment

Working...
                X