Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Alignment Issue With multiple form

Hi,
    We are using Smart Gwt-4.1p (23rd May 2014)
    Browser: IE10, 11, Google Chrome:37.0.2062.124 m

Issue: Alignment Issue With multiple form
    Please find the attached Screenshot “snap_scheduleLog.png” for the reference.
    Code: TestsmartGwtProject.java, ScheduledLogDelete.java and ScheduledTime.java

Description: In both the window we took two form which having height and width 100%
    And all the properties are same.

Issue: If we have same length of Title for “SelectItem” then the alignment are proper.
    But if we use different length of strings for the title. So the alignment get misplaced.
    Please let us know if you have any property to resolve this Issue.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by vnathank; 16 Oct 2014, 03:37.

You could set colWidths or titleWidth to the same value on each form

Comment

Issue not resolved.

Hi Thanks for your reply,

If i set fixed colWidths or titleWidth it is not aligned properly in the case of other language strings.

In the case of localization support string lengths will be varied based on the language.Hence this issue not resolved.

Comment

The only way to dynamically ensure that two separate forms are completely aligned is to measure all of the title strings by rendering them off-screen before you provide sizes to the forms that you want to align perfectly.

You can do this, but it has performance consequences for obvious reasons.

You should also consider why you have two separate forms in the first place. Perfect alignment only makes sense for end users if the forms are closely related. If they are closely related, probably you should be using a single DynamicForm, which also would solve this problem.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply,

If I use single form with two select Items . I am not able to reduce the space between the two select items. Because of this reason i went for using two dynamic forms.

Screen shot attached for your reference.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you would like to reduce that width while retaining a single form, you should read the Form Layout overview.

Comment

Working...
            X