Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Transaction Chaining Error in v3.1/8.3

SmartClient Version: v8.3p_2013-01-31/Pro Deployment (built 2013-01-31)

We have upgraded to 3.1/8.3 and now we get the error message below where we didn't previously
    My colleagues who are on 3.0 do not get the message when running the same code

"The Transaction Chaining feature is only available with an Enterprise license and you have a Pro license. See http://smartclient.com/licensing for details"

We get this when displaying some, but not all, dynamic forms

I can see that Automatic Transactions are a feature of the Enterprise license but we are not knowingly using them and as it is automatic I would have thought it was out of our control. In addition we are not performing save or drag and drop operations when the problem occurs. Is there something we must do, configuration etc, now that we have upgraded?

Transaction Chaining is the feature shown in this sample where a Velocity expression is used to populate values for a DSRequest based on prior DSRequests, like so:

Code:
        <operationBinding operationType="add">  
            <values fieldName="orderID" value="$responseData.last('queuedAdd_order','add').orderID" />  
        </operationBinding>
    Are you using this feature?

If you don't think you are, please show the complete server log for the request that produces the error message you're showing here.

Comment

Hi

I attach the logs from exactly the same code running under v3.0 and v3.1

We don't think we are using Transaction Chaining but a little more investigation reveals the following

If I remove all 3 of the optionDataSource="refCodeMA...." qualifiers and the operationBinding using the fieldname EFFECTIVE the problem goes away, if I re-introduce any single one of these the problem returns. It appears that any selection criteria in xml is raising the problem

The operationBindings is very little different from the example in the QuickStart guide and doesn't appear to be an Enterprise feature

Again I stress that the exactly the same code runs fine under v3.0 and shows the problem under v3.1

Code:
      <DataSource
              ID="memberAccounts"
              serverType="sql"
              tableName="MEMBER_ACCOUNTS"
              >
        <fields>
          <field includeFrom="participants.BUSINESS_CODE" title="Business Code"
                 optionDataSource="businessCode" valueField="BUS_CODE" displayField="BUS_CODE"/>
          <field name="MEMBER_ID" title="Member ID" type="text" length="5"
                 foreignKey="participants.CREST_PRT_ID"/>
          <field includeFrom="participants.SHORT_NAME" detail="true"/>
          <field name="CREST_ID" title="Account ID" type="text" length="8"/>
          <field name="DESCRIPTION" title="Account Descrp" type="text" length="35"/>
          <field name="CATEGORY" title="Category" type="text" length="4"
            optionDataSource="refCodeMAC" valueField="CODE"
            displayField="DESCRIPTION"/>
          <field name="CREST_STATUS" title="Crest Status" type="text" length="4"
            optionDataSource="refCodeMAS" valueField="CODE" displayField="DESCRIPTION"/>
          <field name="TAX_STATUS" type="text" length="4" detail="true"
            optionDataSource="refCodeMAX" valueField="CODE" displayField="DESCRIPTION"/>
          <field name="BANK_ID" title="Bank Name" type="text" length="5" detail="true"/>
          <field name="CAP_NAME" title="Cap Name" type="text" length="8" detail="true"/>
          <field name="REP_FIRM_ID" title="Rep Firm ID" type="text" length="11" detail="true"/>
          <field name="REP_FIRM_CODE_TYPE" type="text" length="1" detail="true"/>
          <field name="REPO_IND" title="Repo Ind" type="text" length="1" detail="true"/>
          <field name="NEXT_REPO_IND" title="Next Repo Ind" type="text" length="1"
                 detail="true"/>
          <field name="SECURED_CREDIT" title="Secured Cred Ind" type="text" length="1"
                 detail="true"/>
          <field name="NXT_SECURED_CREDIT" title="Next Secured Cred Ind" type="text" length="1"
                 detail="true"/>
          <field name="ACC_DEL_ST" title="Deletion Status" type="text" length="1"
                 detail="true"/>
          <field name="ACC_DEL_DATE" title="Deletion Date" type="date" detail="true"/>
          <field name="ACC_DEL_FAIL_RSN" title="Del Fail Reason" type="text" length="1"
                 detail="true"/>
          <!-- We don't want to select EFFECTIVE but if it's not a field the criteria
               below doesn't work -->
          <field name="EFFECTIVE" type="text" length="1" hidden="true"/>
        </fields>

<operationBindings>
          <operationBinding operationType="fetch">
            <criteria fieldName="EFFECTIVE" value="C"/>
          </operationBinding>
          <operationBinding operationType="fetch" operationId="lookup1"
                            outputs="CREST_ID,DESCRIPTION">
          </operationBinding>
        </operationBindings>
      </DataSource>
      Code:
      <DataSource
          ID="refCodeMAX"
          serverType="sql"
          tableName="TG_REF_CODES"
          inheritsFrom="refCodes"
      >
        <operationBindings>
          <operationBinding operationType="fetch">
            <criteria fieldName="DOMAIN" value="MAX"/>
          </operationBinding>
        </operationBindings>
      </DataSource>
      refCodeMAS and refCodeMAC are identical with the exception of the value=
      Attached Files

Comment

As there is a limit on the number of attachments and I cannot use zip files these are the remaining logs
        Attached Files

Comment

We tracked this to a refactoring that happened just before 3.1 was released, which as a side-effect changed the license enforcement for Transaction Chaining to be a little over-eager. We've fixed this now - the fix will make it into 3.1p nightly builds as of tomorrow, 2/10.

Regards,
          Isomorphic Software Support

Comment

Working...
          X