Collapse
No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

We agree and will rephrase the base message.

Comment

I made some changes in Japanese for the AM/PM and AM and PM strings that were needed. get-vidmate.com instasave.onl
      Last edited by panservid; 15 Dec 2022, 22:48.

Comment

Hi there,

Been with SmartClient long time as developer.

Done most (over 90%) SmartClient zh_TW (Traditional Chinese) translation at that time, years ago.

Still heavyly using SmartClient, but haven't pay attention to translation for long time, since zh_TW translation still working after many times verstion upgrade.

Now a day, SmartClient project moved to (did not notice when)
        https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/isomorphic/

After registration new user (same e-mail address) but see no any zh_TW (Traditional Chinese) translation there ?

So, how to help contribute the zh_TW translation for some missing pieces ?

Regards,
        Roger Chang

Comment

Yes, the framework source strings have been over on Weblate for a few years now.

Our packages still include a language-pack suffixed zh_TW, but its content is on Weblate under Traditional Chinese (zh_Hant) - https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/...ework/zh_Hant/

Comment

Nice rapid feedback

* Weblate, old dog new tricks, need time to get it working
            * Need to trace into SmartClient source code to know proper callname, takes time
            * Intend to contribute some zh_TW translation to fill the gap , if possible
            * If Weblate provide any download/upload tools to save time? web editing is painful, any suggestion for batch works?

Regards,
            Roger Chang

Comment

hi Roger,

Yes, Weblate does have a fairly complex interface compared to the old getlocalization site - we primarily use it as a public repository that customers can modify, and there are many features that we don't use and haven't looked into.

We're aware of a "Zen" mode, accessible from a link in the top-right, which is apparently better for bulk editing, but we're not aware of a mode that allows you to just edit a simple grid of values, for example.

We'll try to make some time to experiment and make some recommendations for translators, in the sticky thread on the subject.
              Last edited by Isomorphic; 11 Feb 2023, 23:09.

Comment

As of June 2023, our i18n framework strings are automatically translated using AI.

We've filled out the existing packs on Weblate and added a few new ones, Hindi, Punjabi and Thai - future changes to framework strings will be translated and pushed to Weblate automatically for all existing locales.

Developers can still modify these AI-translated strings on Weblate and we'll pick up those changes as usual, treating them as human overrides to the AI strings - we'll shortly be flagging AI-generated strings on Weblate, so they are easier to find.

Comment

Hi,

any chance that you add translations for Slovenian (ISO code: sl) and Bosnian (ISO code: ba) language?
                  It would be great even that it would be AI translated.

Comment

Sure, we'll let you know when they're in

Comment

Note that ba is already a supported locale. But we'll add bs :)
                      Last edited by Isomorphic; 14 Jun 2023, 13:43.

Comment

We've added Slovenian (sl) and Bosnian (bs) language-packs - you can try them out in tomorrow's builds of 13.1, and we'll port them to earlier branches shortly.

When we use the AI to translate a phrase, we provide it with the framework-attribute's name and JSDoc for context, so we think we're getting pretty good translations. But let us know if you find otherwise.
                        Last edited by Isomorphic; 14 Jun 2023, 15:11.

Comment

Hi,
                          my bad, I meant "bs" :-).

Well, I'm still on SGWT 12.0, so I'll have to wait that you port it at least to 12.1. and then test it.
                          Thank you for your quick reaction!

I think that AI translation will do for now, I can fix it eventually.

Comment

All recently added language-packs will be available as of tomorrow, in all editions of SmartClient and SmartGWT with version 12.0 or newer.

Comment

Working...
                            X