Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Unable to run calendar demos locally

I have just downloaded and installed version 8.0. After starting the server I can run some of the demos.

When i try any of the calendar demos locally they only sometimes display. Other times the page appears to be hung (spinning cursor icon) or the page returns but the view tab is empty.

When the calendars do display the events all appear as a stack of empty rectangles pinned to the upper left corner of the calendar.

Running the same examples from your website always works.

There is nothing indicating any error in the Tomcat log window. Clicking on one of the calendar links only displays the following message upon either success or failure:

=== 2011-01-14 14:51:51,066 [sor4] DEBUG XML - Parsed XML from (in memory stream
    ): 1ms

I am using the default configuration recommended in the user guide. I am testing with Firefox v3.6.13.

Any suggestions on what settings I might need to change to get the demos to work more reliably.

In Chrome, I am seeing the following in the JavaScript console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (/isomorphic/system/modules/ISC_Drawing.js)

Uncaught TypeError: Object [HTMLFlow ID:eventCalendar_eventWindow_body] has no method '$73w'

Seems that the ISC_Drawing.js is not available.

Comment

There's a patch for the latter here.

The Drawing module comes only in an eval build or a licensed build that includes the Analytics module (for charts).

We're not seeing a problem with the Calendar. If you had an older build before, be sure to clear your browser cache.

Comment

I have applied the patch to ...\SmartClient_SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-01-05\smartclientSDK\isomorphic\system\reference\SmartClient_Explorer.html.

I added the text to the <script> section following the .js file inclusions and restarted tomcat.

Adding the patch to your file seems to have fixed both the problem with the calendar demo as well as a similar problem I had when trying to run the complete application example locally.

Comment

Working...
        X