Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

customSelectExpression with DataDirect JDBC driver

I am using a JDBC driver from DataDirect to connect with Salesforce's database. The driver is SQL-92 compliant.

My problem is that customSelectExpression translates to column aliases and the DataDirect's driver only changes the column's label and not the column name. When the SmartGWT framework looks for the column alias, it cannot locate the column and no values are retrieved.

It appears that the SmartGWT framework is looking for the column name instead of the column label for the alias name?

If SmartGWT is looking for column name, how should I force SmartGWT framework to use column label instead of the column name?

You can configure this in server.properties. Assuming you've set database.type to "generic", you want:

Code:
    sql.generic.useColumnLabelInMetadata: true

Comment

Worked great...thank you!

Is there more documentation for these settings? I found some for server.properties and JDNI, but I did not come across this setting.

Comment

No, this was a horrible hack that previously seemed to apply only to some editions of DB2 on AIX, we didn't know it would ever arise again. We'll see what other drivers turn up with this behavior and consider documenting it then.

Comment

Ok...thank you for such a timely reply.

Your support for your software is outstanding!

Comment

Working...
          X