Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Corrupt DataSource Detected

I am trying to set up an SQL datasource

The version reported by the Developer Console is SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2014-10-10/LGPL Development Only (built 2014-10-10)

The Browser is IE and the version it reports in 'about' is 10.0.9200.17116

I am trying to connect with MySQL which is running in XAMPP. The server side can establish a connection directly. So the problem is to get the DataSource working.

Here are the relevant server properties:

sql.Mysql.database.type: mysql
    sql.Mysql.database.ansiMode: false
    sql.Mysql.interface.type: dataSource
    sql.Mysql.driver.databaseName: test
    sql.Mysql.driver.serverName: localhost
    sql.Mysql.driver.portNumber: 3306
    sql.Mysql.driver.user: mysqluser
    sql.Mysql.driver.password:insecure

I am running Eclipse Luna release 4.4.0 with GWT plugin 2.6.1

I started the project as a basic GWT project and then added jars and configuration files as they were needed.

The problem is reported when the browser is loaded.

I get the following message on the console:

=== 2014-10-22 17:58:54,697 [2-29] WARN BasicDataSource - simple_DataSource: specification of field 'field' invalid: [
    {
    hidden:"true",
    name:"first",
    primaryKey:"true",
    type:"text"
    },
    {
    name:"second",
    title:"second",
    },
    {
    name:"third",
    title:"third",
    },
    {
    name:"fourth",
    title:"fourth",
    }
    ]

I don't think there is anything wrong with the simple_DataSource.ds.xml file which reads as follows:

<DataSource
    ID="simple_DataSource"
    serverType="sql"
    tableName="simple"
    >
    <fields>
    <field name="first" type="text" hidden="true" primaryKey="true" />
    <field name="second" type="text" title="second" />
    <field name="third" type="text" title="third" />
    <field name="fourth" type="text" title="fourth" />
    </fields>
    </DataSource>

and if I replace this with the configuration suggested in the ds.xml file in the startup guide, I get the same error, though I did not go as far as to set up the database.

After this, the console log reports the following message:

java.lang.Exception: Corrupt DataSource detected - required files under {isomorphicDir}/system/schema may be missing or unreadable. This typically results from skipping installation steps. If using SmartGWT, verify your <inherits> and run a GWT compile. If using SmartClient, verify you have copied the correct folders from Pro or better smartclientSDK. Installation instructions are linked from the QuickStart Guide.
    at com.isomorphic.datasource.BasicDataSource.buildFieldData(BasicDataSource.java:964)

However, as far as I can tell all the configuration files are in place. I have followed the QuickStart Guide setup instructions and looked at the sample applications. I paid especial attention to:
    (1) the jars that need to be in the server classpath
    (2) the files in the schema directory

Maybe there is a configuration problem. But I have followed the instructions as carefully as I can.

A
    Last edited by axxfreeman; 22 Oct 2014, 15:15. Reason: This is a new problem

Corrupted Datasource detected solution

1. SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-03-17/EVAL Deployment

2. I was also facing the same issue, make sure you have correct module name written in your server.properties

gwtModuleName: yourmodulename

3. And also make sure inside yourmodulename.html page you have
    set
    <!--load the datasources-->
    <script src="yourmodulename/sc/DataSourceLoader?dataSource=yourDS"></script>

4. I know its an old post you might have solved the issue, but today i also got the same issue and I found my mistake, after correcting these configuration settings it worked perfectly. So, I thought to share.

Thanks
    Last edited by surya27; 3 May 2015, 04:46. Reason: Added title

Comment

Hello,
      I am facing the same problem as , and I already checked the steps posted by surya27, but I had no success at all. In my server.properties file, I have this configuration which should point the correct path to the datasources:

project.datasources: $webRoot/ds, $webRoot/shared/ds

Instead of loading the *ds.xml files from this path, the server insists in searching them under {isomorphicDir}/system/schema , and therefore the error occurs.

Thanks for your concern

Comment

It's normal and required that some .ds.xml files are loaded from the system/schema directory. These files must be present and if you have the wrong gwtModuleName in your server.properties then they will not be found, so you need to correct that. You cannot correct this problem by editing project.datasources, which controls where your application's DataSources are found.

Comment

Working...
        X