X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

hierarchy browser

Hello,

I am looking at the 4.0 features email and noticed the
    multi level grouping.

I have been tasked with supporting a "hierarchy browser", in the place where our Smart GWT listgrid control is currently in our UI.

I would rather extend the list grid and continue to use it, as it is such a rich and expressive control.

Would it be better to use the tree control or is the list grid able to be used as a "tree"?

What are my options and what do you suggest?

We currently have 3.1 smart gwt so 4.0 would mean an upgrade to our currently purchased product. How backward compatible is 4.0 with 3.1?

Thanks,
    Marc

TreeGrid extends ListGrid, so it has a lot of the same power.

Grouping turns the grid into a tree in part (literally the data model becomes a Tree). You'd have to be more specific about the interactions you need before you can select an approach.

Comment

TreeGrid

Hello,

I am playing with TreeGrid now.

I renamed all of my ListGrid types with TreeGrid.

How do I have "no icon" on the leaves?
      I have custom SQL generating my listgrid right now, and imagine it will need to stay there.

Could the custom SQL be run to generate the "sub trees"? If so how do I get a handler on a leaf when it is clicked? (looks like that is addHandler Leaf .. easy enough). But then the Tricky question is how do I add in my own sub tree (do I make another TreeGrid and stick that into the tree ?

Thanks
      Marc

Comment

filters on treegrid

Hello,

I have a treegrid loading from my datasource now. Easy enough. Shows a very nice parent/childtree.

I would like to run a "filter" on the tree. Is this supported?

Marc

Comment

filters on treegrid

Hello,

Attached is a very simple treegrid bound to my datasource. And a textbox above the treegrid for good measure.

Questions
          1. Why does the filterbox on the treegrid not allow me to enter any text?
          2. Why does the criteria I generate from my textitem not find any values when it is run against the tree grid?

All in a quest to have a filter on my treegrid.

We continue to use the power edition 3.1 of Smart GWT and I am running in the current version of firefox and using eclipse for development. Using GWT 2.5

Thanks,
          Marc

Here is the code as attachments
          Attached Files

Comment

filter column

field.setCanFilter(true)

So now I can enter text above my treegrid.

But when the query runs nothing is returned.

The initial "fetch" does populate the tree, but no query is in the log.

So how does one get the filter to run ?

Marc

Comment

criteria on filter what is supported?

Hello,

So when I type "ator" in the filter text above my treegrid the criteria to the query is as follows

criteria: {
              entsyn:"ator",
              parentid:4235
              }

How did the parentid get into the criteria?

Is this correct?

I wanted to get ALL notes that matched "ator", regardless of where they were in the parent/child tree that I have constructed. And if the "ator" was an internal node then to get back a node that can be expanded on a click.

Is this supported??

Thanks,
              Marc

Comment

not supported perhaps

http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=6191

Looks like might not be supported.

Though why one can make these settings on treegrid for a filtereditor that will not work is unclear.

Is this filter on treegrid available in 4.0?

Or perhaps works in 3.1 as the thread I found is "old"

Marc

Comment

filter on treegrid

GWT has some interesting support

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9515183/how-to-filter-a-treegrid

the keep parents on filter option would be good.

Can we integrate a GWT control below a Smart GWT control if we have to?

Comment

confused

http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwtee/javadoc/com/smartgwt/client/widgets/tree/TreeGrid.html#setKeepParentsOnFilter(java.lang.Boolean)

So smart GWT does not support filtering but smartclient does?

Why is that?

Comment

treegrid.setKeepParentsOnFilter(true)

call exists in smart gwt

So now what does it do?

Comment

hmm

Well filter on grid still does not work, even with this keep call.

I can see in the criteria the "parentid". Not clear if that is the problem ...

Comment

Working...
                        X