Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

iscServer request requires SmartClient server

FF 12.0
    SmartClient Version: v8.3p_2012-12-13/Enterprise Deployment (built 2012-12-13)

I have recently upgraded our SmartGwt application from the Pro 2.5.3 version to the Enterprise 3.1p version of the SmartGWT libraries. I have resolved all the build issues (compilation errors due to deprecated/changed API) and updated inherits in our GWT descriptor file.

When running the application in hosted mode I am getting the following error about iscServer not being present in this build:

"
    00:06:12.484 [ERROR] 11:35:34.510:WARN:DataSource:fieldordermaster:Attempt to perform iscServer request requires options SmartClient server support - not present in this build. Request details:{operationType: "fetch", dataSource: "fieldordermaster", data: Obj, callback: $376(), requestId: "fieldordermaster$6270", useStrictJSON: null, fallbackToEval: false, parentNode: null, bypassCache: true, showPrompt: false, unconvertedDSRequest: Obj, jsonReviver: undef}
    "

I have read the FAQ regarding proper inherits for Enterprise applications and believe they are correct for my application. Here they are:

Code:
    <module rename-to="nmt">
      <inherits name="org.gwtopenmaps.openlayers.OpenLayers" />
      <inherits name="com.google.gwt.core.Core" />
      <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.History" />
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools" />
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoTheme" />
      <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.tools.Tools" />
      <inherits name="com.company.smartgwt.common.CommonComponents" />
      <inherits name="com.company.smartgwt.skin.Company" />
      <inherits name="com.company.smartgwt.skin.CompanyResources" />
      <entry-point class="com.company.nmt.client.ManagementToolViewImpl" />
      <source path="client" />
    </module>
    One thing I should note is that we have developed a company library (jar) of common SmartGWT-based components that are shared by all of our SmartGWT applications and
    that library is built using the LPGL version of SmartGWT (as we do have one LPGL application). The SmartGWT application that is getting the above error includes this common library as a dependency and I am wondering if that is what is causing the problem, however it is interesting to note that we did not have this problem when using the PRO 2.5.3 version.

Here is the GWT descriptor file for our shared library.

Code:
    <module>
      <inherits name="com.google.gwt.user.User" />
      <inherits name="com.smartgwt.tools.SmartGwtTools" />
    </module>
    Thanks for yr help.

This happens when you load LGPL files in a Pro/EE app, so yes, the common LGPL include is most likely causing the issue. Moving your EE inherits *after* the inherits that (indirectly) incorporate LGPL libraries.

This isn't a 2.5.3 vs 3.1 difference so far as we know.

Comment

I agree with jventurini i'm having the same problem after upgrading smartgwtPro version

Comment

Then the same answer applies... see above.

Comment

hi,

here is my config "there is no LGPL include":

<module rename-to="zoltarmodule">
          <inherits name='com.google.gwt.user.User'/>
          <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.SmartGwtPro" />
          <inherits name="com.smartgwtpro.tools.Tools"/>
          <entry-point class='com.projectName.client.Start'/>

<source path='client' />
          <source path='shared' />
          </module>

Thanks for the precedent reply :)