Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

problem in changing style when hintInField:true is set for FormItem

I have set hintInField:true and I want the same style for hint text as it is for normal text item, which is .textItem.

First, I am using hintStyle to set hintStyle:"textItem" to override the default class for hint, which is textItemStyle. I didn't even had this in style sheet. Its not working, the hint is still using textItemStyle.

Secondly, Now I can set the same properties in textItemStyle which are for textItem. But how can I get to see what is set for textItem. Its do not have definition is skin_styles.css but only declaration.

Thanks,
    Alex.

In-field hints always use the style textBoxStyle+"Hint" where the default is "textItem" yielding a hint style of "textItemHint". Just remove the color definition for textItemHint in your skin as the remaining definition is identical to textItem.

Comment

How do you add a textItem in-field hint that has color?

For example, the following only works when I remove the line below starting with "color:"

textItemHint {
      font-style: italic;
      color: gray;
      }

Comment

I just tested this using FF3.5 and it worked for me. I did add the missing period before textItemHint. Are you using a different browser? Where are you defining this style?

Comment

Sorry for the late response - I had not turned on notifications.

Thanks for the missing "."

I was mostly experimenting in hosted mode - in a textItem using a css file. Now, I confirm that I can change the font-style, font-weight in FF3.5 but nothing happens when I set the color (e.g., to red)... perhaps I need to look into using a different type of control.
          Last edited by embayes; 13 Jul 2009, 07:29.

Comment

Working...
          X