Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

FieldPickerWindow

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-07-06/Pro Deployment (built 2014-07-06)
    FF 24.6.0 ESR

Hello,
    I have the following observations for the FieldPickerWindow.

1. When you click the Highlights button on the "Visible Fields" header, you're presented with another window with a grid with the header title "Available Fields". Our IT writer was asking if this should be "Visible Fields" to be consistent as these really are the Visible Fields on the main Field Picker window.

2. If I double-click a field in the Visible Fields, it does not move it back to the Available Fields, however, when I double-click a field in the Available Fields, it does move it to the Visible Fields. Should a double-click not remove a field from the Visible Fields?

Thanks

1. This would be inconsistent with how the Hilite Editor appears elsewhere, where "Available Fields" is clearer. Having two titles for these two different contexts does not seem worthwhile, especially as "Available Fields" is neither incorrect nor unclear.

2. Depending on your settings for what is allowed in the FieldPickerWindow on a particular grid, double-click has other uses, so we wouldn't want to have it remove things from the list only for some grids.

Comment

1. OK

2. Can you explain what "uses" it has for particular grids? For our grids, the FieldPickerWindow Visible Field double-click doesn't seem to have any action tied to it. We have had several people inquire why they can double-click an a Available Field to move it to the Visible Fields, but not double-click a Visible Field to move it back to the Available Fields. It is possible for us to customize this behaviour?

Thanks

Comment

The Visible Fields window can be configured so that it allows editing of several properties, which appear as an expansion component under the row. Double-click reveals or hides the expansion component.

Comment

Working...
        X