Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dev Console broken in Google Chrome

Hi, one of the main reasons we are anxious to migrate to SmartClient 8.0 is the hope of better Google Chrome compatibility. However, it appears the dev console does not work. I'm not sure we can offer our end users Google Chrome if we can't debug issues in Chrome with the help of the Dev Console. Are there plans to fix these issues?

The Developer Console is working normally in Chrome (we use it all the time). Check for customizations or stale files and let us know if you find the problem.

Comment

I figured it out. Log.html is hard-coded to use the Enterprise skin. When we deploy SmartClient, we remove all skins but the one we use to minimize deploy times. I'm not sure why this has never affected us before. But, is the best approach to just manually change this skin reference?

<SCRIPT src=../../skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js?isc_version=SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-01-08.js></SCRIPT>

Comment

Changing the skin reference is fine.. we may switch to a strategy of using whatever skin is used in the main window for the Log window, but this introduces cosmetic defects, so we haven't done this yet.

Comment

Hi there, any plans to remove the hard-coded reference to the Enterprise skin in the dev console as referenced in this thread ? We prefer to only deploy one skin with our app so we always have to manually change this reference whenever we pull down new releases.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. This is something that has not been considered a priority, but we'll reconsider its priority and let you know when we get to it.

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

On review, there's no hardcoding here - the console will *attempt* to load Enterprise skin, then fall back to the application skin automatically.

The attempt to load Enterprise is desirable, because that's how the console is going to look best.

Please let us know specifically what's not working in your deployment.

Comment

Working...
              X