Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Regression with ListGridItem.setSortField() in latest nightlies

Hi,

there seems to be a regression in the latest nightlies.
    If a sort field is specified, i.e. ListGridItem.setSortField(), the following error is thrown if the field is "used":
    [ERROR] [showcase] - 00:17:30.941:MUP3:WARN:Log:Uncaught JavaScript exception: TypeError: this.body is null in http://127.0.0.1:8080/showcase/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js, line 1440

To reproduce this, insert
    Code:
    divisionSelectItem.setSortField("division");
    in the showcase's GridDependentSelectsSample.java example and try to edit the division field.
    This did not happen in nightlies before and including v10.1d_2014-07-31/LGPL Development Only (built 2014-07-31)
    Note that this example here does not seem to make much sense, but I am actually using this in a more complex grid to sort the display field value of an option datasource in a filter editor.

Regards,
    fatzopilot

This isn't reproducible against latest 5.0 - if we alter the sample you mentioned in the way you suggested (which, as you said, doesn't make much sense anyway), then we see no errors reported and no obvious misbehaviors in the UI.

It may just be a missing null check but, since we can't reproduce the issue, we'll need to see standalone sample code that demonstrates it.

Comment

Hi,

I'm sorry for not posting detailed version information. Latest nightlies meant the latest SGWT version available, i.e. SGWT 5.1 branch: (v10.1d_2014-08-22/LGPL Development Only (built 2014-08-22)
      GWT 2.5.1
      Chrome Version 36.0.1985.125 m (compiled mode)
      FF 26.0 (dev mode)

Regards,
      fatzopilot

Comment

Unfortunately, we still can't reproduce any issues against latest 5.1.

We're on the verge of releasing 5.0 officially and recent branching works to that end may have caused a temporary regression.

Please retest with the very latest 5.1 from smartclient.com/builds - if you still see issues, we'll need the exact steps you're taking to get the JS error you mention.

Comment

Hi,

it now works again on latest 5.1 branch.
          Thanks for fixing!

Regards,
          fatzopilot

Comment

Working...
          X