Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Reg: Saving many records in ListGrid

Hi,

When I am creating many record in ListGrid using startEditNew(), I am getting a timeout exception. and for my listgrid has autoSaveEdits:true. So, It is trying to save the record once it is started creating a new record.

Please let me know is there a way to save all records at a time in a ListGrid.

We have used the method to save all edits in a batch using grid.saveAllEdits() by setting autoSaveEdits: false
    But the actual save operation is not being fired.. also we are seeing grid.saveAllEdits() is returning false.. (Note: No validation errors are present in the grid that we are saving)

Could you please help us with some appropriate way to save a batch of records at a time.

We are working on below environment:

Smartclient version : Isomorphic SmartClient/SmartGWT Framework (9.1p_2014-09-04/PowerEdition Deployment 2014-09-04)

Browser : IE9

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Abdulaziz A. ; 22 Sep 2014, 00:01.

You could set autoSaveEdits: false and then call saveAllEdits() when you're ready.

Comment

We see you've since updated your post - the technique you're now using is correct.

Can you clarify what you mean by "But the actual save operation is not being fired.. also we are seeing grid.saveAllEdits() is returning false.."

Do you mean the DataSource operation? Have you looked in the Developer Console to see if a request is made, against which operation? And in the server log for anything pertinent?

Comment

Working...
      X