Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dynamic DataSource question

SmartClient Version: SC_SNAPSHOT-2011-01-06/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2011-01-06)

IE 9

I have a DynamicDSGenerator that creates completely different DataSources per user. To avoid a clash in DataSource names, I'm adding the userID to the DataSource name. As I understand it, DataSources are available globally to all users, so to avoid naming clashes between users, a userID makes sense.

Now there will be changes in that dynamic DataSource between user sessions. Does it make sense to de-register the dynamic DataSource for that user when they are done? Or simply force a reload of the DataSource when the user logs back in?

Is there a way to de-register a Dynamic DataSource by Data Source ID? I'm thinking about resources to release on the server?

What's different about these DataSources on a per-user basis, the database settings? Or something actually structural like more/different fields?

Comment

The fields will be changing, structural changes.

Comment

Pooling for dynamically generated DataSources is off by default (see these docs), so they are basically created and discarded per-request.

That means that in this case, it looks like all you need to do is leave the default setting alone; no need to de-register DataSources.

Comment

Working...
        X