Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Attempting to unmask target canvas with respect to a hard click mask

I have a problem that I've so far been unable to duplicate exactly in a test case, but I'm part way there with the attached - here's hoping you can explain what's going on here and fix this much of it:

1. Open the grid's column chooser

2. Click the chooser's "Save" button

3. Hover over the column 0 column header.

See that the window body's contents are invisible. Click anywhere in the body to cause them all to become visible again.

For completeness, the actual problem I have occurs using another modal window instead of the column chooser, and when the contents are gone you can't get them back by clicking in the body. We've seen it happen on Firefox, but IE9 produces this result every time.

SmartGWTPower 3.1p 2013-02-09 and IE 9.

Code:
    public void onModuleLoad() {

VLayout layout = new VLayout();
    	layout.setWidth100();
    	layout.setHeight100();

layout.addDrawHandler(new DrawHandler() {

@Override
    		public void onDraw(DrawEvent event) {
    			ModalWindow mw = new ModalWindow();
    			mw.show();
    		}
    	});

layout.draw();
    }

private class ModalWindow extends Window {

public ModalWindow() {
    		setTitle("Modal Window");
    		setHeight("30%");
    		setWidth("50%");

setIsModal(true);

final MyListGrid grid = new MyListGrid();
    		grid.setDataSource(DataSource.get("Orders"));

grid.addDrawHandler(new DrawHandler() {
    			@Override
    			public void onDraw(DrawEvent event) {
    				grid.freezeField(0);
    			}
    		});

VLayout layout = new VLayout();
    		layout.addMember(grid);

addItem(layout);
    	}
    }

private class MyListGrid extends ListGrid {
    	public MyListGrid() {
    		super();
    		setAttribute("useAdvancedFieldPicker", true, false);
    		setAttribute("advancedFieldPickerThreshold", 1, false);
    	}
    }
    Code:
    10:47:40.948 [ERROR] [Beans] 10:47:40.957:TMR0:WARN:clickMask:Attempting to unmask target canvas:isc_BeansEntryPoint_MyListGrid_0_headerMenuButton with respect to a hard click mask. This is not a top level Canvas - all ancestors of this Canvas will also be unmasked.

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 10:47:40.957:TMR0:WARN:clickMask:Attempting to unmask target canvas:isc_BeansEntryPoint_MyListGrid_0_headerMenuButton with respect to a hard click mask. This is not a top level Canvas - all ancestors of this Canvas will also be unmasked.
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:293)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:547)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
    Last edited by bbruyn; 19 Feb 2013, 10:06. Reason: fix formatting

I probably should have mentioned that this only happens when the window is modal, and only if you click 'Save'. Clicking 'Cancel' or the window's close button does not produce the condition.

Comment

We are able reproduce this in IE and have assigned a developer to investigate.

Comment

We have made a fix for this issue to the SC 8.3p/SGWT 3.1p and SC 9.0d/SGWT 4.0d branches which should be in the next nightly builds.

Comment

Nice. I'm still testing the patch, but my problem seems to be resolved. Thanks much.

Would it be possible to have this merged all the way back to 2.5p?

Comment

You'd be better served for browser support reasons to move to a more current release, such as SC 8.3p/SGWT 3.1p.

Comment

We've ported this fix back to the 2.5p branch. There should be a new nightly build produced tonight dated May 11 with this change in place.
              Please give it a try and let us know if it resolves your issues.
              One note: The original test case here doesn't appear to directly translate to 2.5 -- it appears to be relying on the advanced fieldPicker to cause the error, but that feature wasn't yet introduced in the 2.5 build. If you do continue to see problems with the next nightly, please show us a test case that demonstrates the problem there, along with full steps to reproduce

Regards
              Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thank you for doing this - this will make things easier for a client who is not yet prepared to update.

Comment

Working...
                X