Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Dynamically changing hoverDelay of grid

Hi, we are trying to give users the ability to customize some things about their interface. One thing is the ability to change their hover delays on grids. When I try to change the hover delay on a grid, it isn't changing though. Can you tell me what I'm donig wrong?

Try this example and click "increase hover to 5 seconds" and then hover and the hover still happens after 1 second.

Here: http://www.smartclient.com/docs/8.3/a/system/reference/SmartClient_Explorer.html#valueHoverTips

Code:
    isc.ListGrid.create({
        ID: "countryList",
       canHover:true,
       hoverDelay:1000,
        width:500, height:224, alternateRecordStyles:true,
        wrapCells:true, cellHeight:32, // taller rows to fit 'government' values
        data: countryData,
        fields:[
            {name:"countryCode", title:"Flag", width:50, type:"image", imageURLPrefix:"flags/16/", imageURLSuffix:".png"},
            {name:"countryName", title:"Country", width:120},
            {name:"government", title:"Government", showHover:true,
                hoverHTML:"return government_descriptions[record.government_desc]"
            }
        ],
        hoverWidth:300
    })

isc.IButton.create({
        top:250,
        width:250,
        title:"Increase Hover to 5 seconds",
        actionType:"radio",
        radioGroup:"canHover",
        // When canHover is true on a ListGrid, cells will show hover text unless field.showHover is false
        click:"countryList.hoverDelay= 5000;"
    })

isc.IButton.create({
        top:300,
        title:"Show Hover on <i>Government</i> cells only",
        selected:true,
        // When canHover is unset on a ListGrid, cells will show hover text if field.showHover is true
        click:"countryList.canHover = null"
    })

isc.IButton.create({
        top:350,
        title:"Suppress all cell hovers",
        // When canHover is false on a ListGrid, cells will not show any hover text
        click:"countryList.canHover = false"
    })

government_descriptions = [
        "<b>Communism</b> - a system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single - often authoritarian - party holds power; state controls are imposed with the elimination of private ownership of property or capital while claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people (i.e., a classless society).",
        "<b>Constitutional monarchy</b> - a system of government in which a monarch is guided by a constitution whereby his/her rights, duties, and responsibilities are spelled out in written law or by custom.",
        "<b>Federal republic</b> - a state in which the powers of the central government are restricted and in which the component parts (states, colonies, or provinces) retain a degree of self-government; ultimate sovereign power rests with the voters who chose their governmental representatives.",
        "<b>Federal (Federative)</b> - a form of government in which sovereign power is formally divided - usually by means of a constitution - between a central authority and a number of constituent regions (states, colonies, or provinces) so that each region retains some management of its internal affairs; differs from a confederacy in that the central government exerts influence directly upon both individuals as well as upon the regional units.",
        "<b>Parliamentary monarchy</b> - a state headed by a monarch who is not actively involved in policy formation or implementation (i.e., the exercise of sovereign powers by a monarch in a ceremonial capacity); true governmental leadership is carried out by a cabinet and its head - a prime minister, premier, or chancellor - who are drawn from a legislature (parliament).",
        "<b>Republic</b> - a representative democracy in which the people's elected deputies (representatives), not the people themselves, vote on legislation."
    ]

ListGrid's have multiple autoChildren: header, body, filterEditor, etc. In this case you want the body, so you want grid.body.setProperty("hoverDelay", 5000)

Comment

Thanks, works great for 1 grid. If I want to change it for all grids though, how do I do that? We have a grid subclass we use and I tried this and it didn't work.

isc.ATListGrid.addProperties({
      bodyProperties:{hoverDelay:GRID_HOVER_DELAY}
      })

Comment

You would need a list of all grids, then you would use the approach we showed. Changing "bodyProperties" would only change the default setting for *new* grids.

Comment

Working...
        X