Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Strange Timeline width-warnings in log

Hello,

just noticed that whenever i load my timeline, i have started getting weird errors in the log:

Code:
    eventCanvas_isc_OID_36:width specified as fractional coordinate:4.166666666666667. Rounded to:4
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 13:21:20.115:XRP3:WARN:EventCanvas:isc_NubaScheduleTimeline_0_eventCanvas_isc_OID_36:width specified as fractional coordinate:4.166666666666667. Rounded to:4
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
    I'm not setting any width manually myself, the timeline is in a tab, and has setWidth100()), so i'm not sure what this comes from.

This is caused by the sizing logic for EventCanvas widgets, which calculates by multiplying the pixels in a snapGap.

So, we can take a look, but we'll probably need to see the configuration of your timeline (for granularity, eventSnapGap, width of the inner header-level, that kind of thing) and the event record for one of those events that generates that error.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 4 Sep 2015, 22:26.

Comment

We found an instance where this could happen - it was around the default width of one snapGap that would be used when resolution is very low and an event is very short - in this case, it would use an unrounded value, which may have been fractional depending on resolution-related settings, and other details of the Timeline as rendered.

This is fixed for builds dated September 6 and later.
      Last edited by Isomorphic; 4 Sep 2015, 22:26.

Comment

Great stuff. Yeah, my event instances are way shorter than in your examples.

I might have clients that do cleaning jobs for example, where they're 3-4 hours in one place, then 3-4 hours in another.

If you have a 4-weeks view, such an event in a day becomes quite "narrow.

Comment

Working...
        X