Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Repeat ListGrid headers in pages when exporting to PDF (or printing)

We use RPCManager.exportContent for PDF exports and Canvas.showPrintPreview for printing.

But when we export (or print) listgrids that spans mutiple pages, we don't get repeating headers.

For our understanding both functionality are implemented using smartclient components' ability to generate printing html.

Additionaly flying saucer is used on the backend to generate PDF files for that html.

I was able to repeat headers in a generated PDF by manually modifying the html so that the <tr> element holding column names is moved from <tdata> to a new <thead>, and using "-fs-table-paginate" css property. The only drawback is that apparently this css property turns off the "border-collapse" behavior on flying saucer r8 (see https://code.google.com/p/flying-saucer/issues/detail?id=89).

I also tried to use "display: table-header-group" without success.

What could I do?

The mostly-working approach you've found is what you'll need to use with the current version of SmartGWT. If you'd like to see this rolled into the framework in a future version, use the Feature Sponsorship program for that.

Comment

Working...
    X