Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Advanced Column Picker feedback, column locate/jump question

1. Advanced Column Picker feedback

a)You currently allow moving one field at a time left or right via the arrows. Missing, are the arrows that move all fields left or right. This would allow a user to transform a grid showing all fields to a grid showing one or two, as a way of making it easier to edit data.

b)An additional context-click option of "select all" would be useful, to allow the user to then ctrl-de-select the column they wanted to not move left or right.

c) Add a keybinding for the escape key to dismiss the window. (this feature would be nice for all other dialogs as well)
    Alternatively, how can I get a handle on the dialog to add the keybinding myself?

2. I have grids with 300+ columns, and my users tire of scrolling left to find a particular column (hence #1 above). Control F from the browser will highlight the text, but won't jump to that point in the grid if the column is currently off screen. Is there any recommended method for 'jumping' to a particular column in the grid?

The closest to this I have now is to use the advanced column picker to search for the column, then bump it to the top of the list. This functions, but still requires navigation through a control rather than a quick jump to the column's normal location in the grid.
    Last edited by jsres; 30 Oct 2014, 22:59. Reason: Added (C)

Originally posted by jsres View Post
    The closest to this I have now is to use the advanced column picker to search for the column, then bump it to the top of the list. This functions, but still requires navigation through a control rather than a quick jump to the column's normal location in the grid.
    Also, moving the column up the list only moves it relative to the other columns that are currently filtered. If I filter to find a particular column, in order to move it to the top of the entire list, I have to:
    1. filter
    2. select
    3. clear filter
    4. bump to top of list.

Was the use of relative placement intentional? I would think that's more of a bug than feature - if I say "put it at the top of the list", I don't mean at the top of the tiny list resulted from the filter criteria I used to find it.

Comment

On 1c, the advancedColumnPicker is an AutoChild and you could set dismissOnEscape:true, but we wouldn't recommend this since the user could lose modifications.

On the other points, just a brief reply that most of these make sense to us as possible enhancements and we've noted them down, but you should use Feature Sponsorship if you want the features added in a predictable timeframe.

Comment

Working...
      X