Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SelectItem with multiple=true, optionDataSource set, works for first data page.

SmartGWT v8.2p_2013-02-06/LGPL Development Only (built 2013-02-06)

Using IE9, tried in dev and regular mode

I have a SelectItem with multiple set to true and an optionDataSource set. I also have a valueField and displayField set up. When showing the drop down, everything works fine. I see all of my displayField values. Additionally, when I select a value from the first 75 records (the first data page) the selected value appears in my ListGrid just fine.

However, if I scroll my item past the initial data page (say, to record 1000) and select a record, the ID (valueField) for the record shows in the ListGrid, not the displayField.

Suggestions? Does this relate to the following note in the documentation, even though it seems to work OK for the first data page?
    Note: multiple:true SelectItems do not currently support optionDataSource binding. You can get around this by calling DataSource.fetchData directly and calling dsResponse.data.getValueMap() to obtain a valueMap.
    Thanks,
    Brian

No, that documentation applies only to multipleAppearance:"grid". We've updated the docs to clarify this.

You say:

and select a record, the ID (valueField) for the record shows in the ListGrid..
    What ListGrid? Are you using the SelectItem within a ListGrid, and you're seeing the ID displayed in the grid once editing completes?

Comment

Yes, I'm using this SelectItem within a grid. The valueField shows in the drop down both before editing completes and after I exit the editor, but only if I select records in the dropdown past the first data page.

I've attached images illustrating the issue. In the "incorrect" image, you'll notice that I've paged way down the list and selected "231803", but the ID of that record (550369) is showing up. The "correct" image works as expected.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oh, we just noticed you're on 3.0 (aka 8.2p). This looks like a known bug already corrected in 3.1, so you should go ahead and do the update now (you'll have to anyway sometime soon).

Comment

Unfortunately we have a release in a week and don't have time to make the upgrade right now and deal with re-testing the entire application (we tried and ran into some issues, as discussed here: http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=24950). I guess we will have to make note of this bug as vendor-specific in our release notes... unless you guys are willing to backport the fix to 3.0. :)

Thanks,
          Brian

Comment

That other bug was fixed in patch builds a long time ago, as we noted in your thread. Be sure to always test the latest patch build, there's no reason to test with an unpatched build.

Sorry, we're not backporting most fixes in general to 3.0 anymore, and certain not this one, which was complex.

Comment

Working...
            X