Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

SmartGwt + gwt-rpc or REST + spring

Hi
    I am currently working on a project and basing my design proposal on a SOA architecture and am including GWT components for UI . I am new to GWT and after reading through a week of posts of GWT and SmartGWT and trying out samples i would like to introduce SmartGWT into my organization w/o the server-side integration. That is because we already have spring services and would like them to remain re-usable through the organization. So my main interest is in the ui components of Smart GWT and in some fashion (either gwt-rpc or REST ) connect to the backend exposed services.
    I am developing on SmartGWT 2.4 and gwt2.2+ . I have gone through the posts on GWT-rpc and tried using the sample api presented. However i ran into a couple issues .
    Running the ListGridSample 'as is' i get the following ERROR although the application runs
    I am using the sample from here
    http://forums.smartclient.com/showth...t=10850&page=4

Code:
    23:31:37.101 [ERROR][listgridtest] 23:31:37.088:RDQ5:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: isc_OID_1):get: invalid index -1

com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 23:31:37.088:RDQ5:WARN:ResultSet:isc_ResultSet_0 (created by: isc_OID_1):get: invalid index -1
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:157)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:281)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:531)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    I next wanted to remove all the redundant jars present in the example project and update the smartgwt jars and gwt-servlet jar to see if it is still compatible. I received this
    Code:
    23:37:06.584 [ERROR][listgridtest] Unable to load module entry point class mytest.client.YourEntryPoint (see associated exception for details)

com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Object [object Object] has no method 'getNextGlobalIDForClass'
     stack: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'getNextGlobalIDForClass'
        at unknown source
        at __gwt_jsInvoke (http://127.0.0.1:8888/listgridtest/hosted.html?listgridtest:76:35)
        at http://127.0.0.1:8888/listgridtest/hosted.html?listgridtest:280:16
        at z (http://127.0.0.1:8888/listgridtest/listgridtest.nocache.js:2:144)
        at http://127.0.0.1:8888/listgridtest/listgridtest.nocache.js:8:589
     arguments: getNextGlobalIDForClass,[object Object]
     type: undefined_method
     __gwt_ObjectId: 2
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:237)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:129)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeObject(ModuleSpace.java:269)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeObject(JavaScriptHost.java:91)
        at com.smartgwt.client.util.SC.generateID(SC.java)
        at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.<init>(BaseWidget.java:102)
        at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.Canvas.<init>(Canvas.java:75)
        at mytest.client.YourEntryPoint.onModuleLoad(YourEntryPoint.java:24)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:396)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:183)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:510)
        at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:352)
    I read somewhere on the forums not to mix the smartgwtee and smartgwt jars so i double checked (because i was evaluating the ee edition b4this but that required a learning in the datasource concept ). So i am using gwt2.2+ and smart-gwt2.4.

I have read through the quick start pdf (quickly) and decided that although the server side integration may have benefits for a quick introduction within my organization it would not work.
    So from an system standpoint if i understand correctly you could define your datasource for your partricular widgets and then use the GenericGwtService<D> to pass on to your business services before or after you send back the DSresponse.
    Can you kindly point me to a quick sample which actually does this in the latest version or a document which specifies exactly how to do it ? or an api or a forum post which addresses this for the latest versions.
    Hopefully that would help me springify the sample miniapp.. which would help me POC.
    Any input appreciated.
    Thanks,

Be sure your post includes:

1. the SmartGWT or SmartClient version and browser version(s) involved;

2. for a server-side problem, the complete logs generated during processing of the request;

3. for a client-side problem, the contents of the Developer Console (see FAQ for usage);

4. if there is a JavaScript error, the stack trace logged in the Developer Console (from Internet Explorer if possible); and

5. sample code.

Posts with incomplete information are much more likely to be ignored.
    Last edited by anshuman; 28 Apr 2011, 20:02.

OR for the lack of time if you could tell me 'exactly' if and how smartGWTEE could help me with the above (without using DMI) we may consider the licensing option.
    Thanks,

Originally posted by anshuman
    Can you kindly point me to a quick sample which actually does this in the latest version or a document which specifies exactly how to do it ? or an api or a forum post which addresses this for the latest versions.
    Hopefully that would help me springify the sample miniapp.. which would help me POC.
    Any input appreciated.
    Thanks,

Comment

The QuickStart Guide is extremely concise and every sentence in there is either something you need to know or labelled as something you can bypass in specific circumstances. It will take about 30 minutes to read. There is no shortcut to this.

Among the misconceptions it will correct:

1. you seem to think that using the SmartGWT server framework and REST/SOA are alternatives. This is not the case. This is covered in the Server Framework chapter.

2. we do not recommend GWT-RPC for specific and good reasons - covered in the FAQ and Server Framework chapter of the QuickStart Guide

3. you seem to think that you should avoid DMI. DMI makes sense with every possible persistence approach including custom DataSources. Covered in detail in the Server Framework chapter of the QuickStart Guide.

Also: these various errors you are encountering can be easily avoided if you follow the installation instructions in the QuickStart Guide.

To sum up: if you have not read the QuickStart Guide, you are wasting your own time :)

Comment

ok. I decided to give it a shot.
        5 minutes in and i get this. using the quick start guide i am looking at the built-in-ds sample for smartgwtee-2.4 running on gwt2.2. I assume that 2.x support includes gwt2.2.

I ran this using eclipse and ant using and both up end up with the following error. I have rechecked that my smartgwtee jars are the one reference in the build path and the gwt.xml contains the reference to the smartgwtee.

Just to double check i pasted the current gwt-servlet.jar from 2.2 in to the web-inf/lib sample (before running ant ..the ant task anyway does that ).

Can you let me know what i am doing wrong now ?

Code:
        12:32:29.114 [ERROR] [builtinds] Unable to load module entry point class com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS (see associated exception for details)

com.google.gwt.core.client.JavaScriptException: (TypeError): Cannot call method 'inheritsFrom' of undefined
         stack: TypeError: Cannot call method 'inheritsFrom' of undefined
            at Object.isc_ListGrid_applyFieldDefaults [as applyFieldDefaults] (http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:1148:137)
            at Object.isc_ListGrid_setFields [as setFields] (http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:1200:82)
            at Object.isc_ListGrid_prepareForDraw [as prepareForDraw] (http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:1312:96)
            at Object.isc_ListGrid_draw [as __draw] (http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/sc/modules/ISC_Grids.js:1308:123)
            at Object.draw (unknown source)
            at [object Object].&lt;anonymous&gt; (unknown source)
            at __gwt_jsInvoke (http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/hosted.html?builtinds:76:35)
            at http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/hosted.html?builtinds:280:16
            at B (http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/builtinds.nocache.js:3:141)
            at http://127.0.0.1:8888/builtinds/builtinds.nocache.js:15:497
         arguments: inheritsFrom,
         type: non_object_property_call
         __gwt_ObjectId: 55
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.invokeJavascript(BrowserChannelServer.java:237)
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpaceOOPHM.doInvoke(ModuleSpaceOOPHM.java:129)
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNative(ModuleSpace.java:561)
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.invokeNativeVoid(ModuleSpace.java:289)
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.JavaScriptHost.invokeNativeVoid(JavaScriptHost.java:107)
            at com.smartgwt.client.widgets.BaseWidget.draw(BaseWidget.java)
            at com.smartgwt.sample.client.BuiltInDS.onModuleLoad(BuiltInDS.java:72)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.ModuleSpace.onLoad(ModuleSpace.java:396)
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.loadModule(OophmSessionHandler.java:183)
            at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:510)

2. for a server-side problem, the complete logs generated during processing of the request;

3. for a client-side problem, the contents of the Developer Console (see FAQ for usage);

4. if there is a JavaScript error, the stack trace logged in the Developer Console (from Internet Explorer if possible); and

5. sample code.

Comment

This is a nonsense error. What browser is this? Are you running something like a nightly build of a browser (eg Chrome Dev Channel), or perhaps running with some unusual browser extensions?

If it's not a browser bug, then you've either got something left over from your previous attempts, in which case, clear browser cache and start a new project to get a clean start.

Comment

Thanks for ur prompt response.
            I am using 11.0.696.60 Chrome .
            Clearing the browser cache did it.
            now on to more interesting things ...

Thanks

Comment

I have successfully managed to configure datasources and connect to my postgresql instance and have seen the advantages of DMI (via spring configs).
              Could you kindly provide guidance or links on how to transition between different widgets and views ?

Comment

As far as transitioning between views - this is just show()/hide() or something widget-specific (eg selectTab if your top-level layout is a TabSet). Did you have a deeper question here?

As far as use of DMI - great - not that this has also enabled you to expose and re-use those Spring services throughout your organization (aka SOA), not solely for Java (see Queuing, RestHandler and SOAs in the QuickStart Guide).

Comment

Our prototype application would probably have workflow assignments, editable list grids, search (on different back end services ) and viewing them in either cube grids, charts, reports and even maps. as such i am trying to just outlay my design view which would have users shifting through different (modules or tabs?).
                  I would also like to begin thinking on how to go around designing and laying out such a module both in terms of front end-design and back-end services. Hence my question. I am a novice at client-side programming and this widget experience looks like a perfect gateway and i would like to get it right.

Comment

We'd have to get pretty deeply into the functionality and audience of your application in order to suggest an overall design for how it should be laid out. We do offer this as a service - either at the level of the JumpStart program (where we'd actually build portions of it, then train your team to take it over) or just at the level of Consulting - in this instance, probably a review of relevant documents and or an interview, resulting in a mockup of a proposed design.

Comment

yes i am aware of this. i have been in contact for justin for the same. However before we take the plunge we would like to completely evaluate smartgwt (mostly with mock services) and it does look promising and we will probably consult you during our design phase.
                      However for now just a pointer (like you said show/hide) or any best practices (if publicly available) will be more than sufficient.

Comment

What you're asking right now boils down to "what are best practices for laying out an app that involves workflow and various widgets?"

At that level of detail we can only give very general advice:

1. look at similar apps and copy what you like
                        2. try a book on usability or user-centric design by authors like Nielsen or Cooper
                        3. use a mockup tool such as Balsamiq to try different designs with a minimum of effort

Comment

Again i am aware of Balsamiq and am using exactly that . What i was asking is related to similar apps if available in showcase or any new samples in smartgwtee 2.5 or otherwise.

Thanks for your reply though.

Originally posted by Isomorphic
                          What you're asking right now boils down to "what are best practices for laying out an app that involves workflow and various widgets?"

At that level of detail we can only give very general advice:

1. look at similar apps and copy what you like
                          2. try a book on usability or user-centric design by authors like Nielsen or Cooper
                          3. use a mockup tool such as Balsamiq to try different designs with a minimum of effort

Comment

smartgwt2.5 nightly build gwt2.3
                            i just downloaded the build and was trying to run showcase samples
                            and i got this .
                            Code:
                            [DEBUG] [showcase] - Validating newly compiled units
                            	[ERROR] [showcase] - Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/EventBus.java'
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 24: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.EventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 28: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 28: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 48: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 68: Cannot cast from GwtEvent<capture#1-of ?> to Event<?>
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 69: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.UmbrellaException; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 76: Cannot cast from GwtEvent<capture#3-of ?> to Event<?>
                            	[ERROR] [showcase] - Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/LegacyHandlerWrapper.java'
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 19: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            	[ERROR] [showcase] - Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/ResettableEventBus.java'
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 27: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.ResettableEventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 49: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 49: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 53: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 59: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 68: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            	[ERROR] [showcase] - Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/SimpleEventBus.java'
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 27: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.SimpleEventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 32: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 32: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 36: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 42: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 51: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            	[ERROR] [showcase] - Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/UmbrellaException.java'
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 24: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.UmbrellaException; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            	[ERROR] [showcase] - Errors in 'jar:file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.3.0/gwt-user.jar!/com/google/gwt/event/shared/testing/CountingEventBus.java'
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 29: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.testing.CountingEventBus; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 41: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 41: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>.Type<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 45: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.HandlerRegistration; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 51: Cannot cast from GwtEvent.Type<H> to Event.Type<H>
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 60: No source code is available for type com.google.web.bindery.event.shared.Event<H>; did you forget to inherit a required module?
                            		[ERROR] [showcase] - Line 80: The method getCount(Event.Type<?>) in the type CountingEventBus is not applicable for the arguments (GwtEvent.Type<capture#5-of ?>)
                            [ERROR] [showcase] - Unable to load module entry point class com.smartgwt.sample.showcase.client.Showcase (see associated exception for details)
                            [ERROR] [showcase] - Failed to load module 'showcase' from user agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.60 Safari/534.24' at localhost:3835
                            which i guess usually implies an incompatibility with the gwt or am i wrong ? So smartgwt2.5 will support gwt2.3 ?

switching back to gwt2.2
                            i got this at startup .. just fyi a ds is missing.
                            really wanted to see the charting samples :)
                            Code:
                            == 2011-05-05 20:16:07,135 [l0-3] INFO  HibernateDataSource - dynamically binding entity: supplyItemHB
                            [WARN] Server class 'org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl' could not be found in the web app, but was found on the system classpath
                               [WARN] Adding classpath entry 'file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.2.0/gwt-dev.jar' to the web app classpath for this session
                               For additional info see: file:/C:/gwt/gwt-2.2.0/doc/helpInfo/webAppClassPath.html
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:07,869 [l0-3] DEBUG XML - Parsed XML from (in memory stream): 0ms
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:07,932 [l0-3] WARN  DataStructCache - File supplyItemHBAutoDerive.ds not found at explicitly specified location C:/gwt/smartgwt/smartgwtee-2.5/samples/showcase/war/showcase/sc/system/reference/inlineExamples/serverExamples/hibernate/autoDerivation, checking project-wide area
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:07,932 [l0-3] DEBUG XML - Parsed XML from C:\gwt\smartgwt\smartgwtee-2.5\samples\showcase\war\ds\supplyItemHBAutoDerive.ds.xml: 0ms
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:07,948 [l0-3] WARN  HibernateDataSource - Declared schemaBean 'com.smartgwt.sample.showcase.server.SupplyItemHB' was not found among existing Hibernate mappings. Falling back to examining the POJO.
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:07,948 [l0-3] ERROR DataSourceLoader - Exception while attempting to load a DataSource
                            org.hibernate.MappingNotFoundException: resource: com/smartgwt/sample/showcase/server/SupplyItemHB.hbm.xml not found
                            	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:566)
                            	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addClass(Configuration.java:619)
                            	at com.isomorphic.hibernate.HibernateDataSource.init(HibernateDataSource.java:242)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.BasicDataSource.fromConfig(BasicDataSource.java:165)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.fromConfig(DataSource.java:337)
                            	at com.isomorphic.hibernate.HibernateDataSource.init(HibernateDataSource.java:162)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.BasicDataSource.fromConfig(BasicDataSource.java:165)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.FileSystemDSRepo.loadDS(FileSystemDSRepo.java:110)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.forName(DataSource.java:156)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.forName(DataSource.java:148)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.forName(DataSource.java:143)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.PoolableDataSourceFactory.makeUnpooledObject(PoolableDataSourceFactory.java:95)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.PoolableDataSourceFactory.makeObject(PoolableDataSourceFactory.java:102)
                            	at com.isomorphic.pool.PoolManager.borrowObject(PoolManager.java:82)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSourceManager.getDataSource(DataSourceManager.java:84)
                            	at com.isomorphic.servlet.DataSourceLoader.processRequest(DataSourceLoader.java:81)
                            	at com.isomorphic.servlet.DataSourceLoader.doGet(DataSourceLoader.java:64)
                            	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
                            	at com.isomorphic.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:152)
                            	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1097)
                            	at com.isomorphic.servlet.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:259)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:729)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.handle(RequestLogHandler.java:49)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:513)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
                            	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
                            	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:07,948 [l0-3] ERROR DataSourceLoader - Top-level servlet error: 
                            javax.servlet.ServletException: org.hibernate.MappingNotFoundException: resource: com/smartgwt/sample/showcase/server/SupplyItemHB.hbm.xml not found
                            	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:566)
                            	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addClass(Configuration.java:619)
                            	at com.isomorphic.hibernate.HibernateDataSource.init(HibernateDataSource.java:242)
                            	at com.isomorphic.hibernate.HibernateDataSource.init(HibernateDataSource.java:162)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.FileSystemDSRepo.loadDS(FileSystemDSRepo.java:110)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.forName(DataSource.java:156)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.forName(DataSource.java:148)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSource.forName(DataSource.java:143)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.PoolableDataSourceFactory.makeUnpooledObject(PoolableDataSourceFactory.java:95)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.PoolableDataSourceFactory.makeObject(PoolableDataSourceFactory.java:102)
                            	at com.isomorphic.pool.PoolManager.borrowObject(PoolManager.java:82)
                            	at com.isomorphic.datasource.DataSourceManager.getDataSource(DataSourceManager.java:84)
                            	at com.isomorphic.servlet.DataSourceLoader.processRequest(DataSourceLoader.java:81)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1097)
                            	at com.isomorphic.servlet.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:259)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1088)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.RequestLogHandler.handle(RequestLogHandler.java:49)
                            	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
                            	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

at com.isomorphic.servlet.DataSourceLoader.processRequest(DataSourceLoader.java:89)
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:07,948 [l0-3] INFO  Compression - /sc/DataSourceLoader: 14134 -> 1809 bytes
                            === 2011-05-05 20:16:49,071 [l0-3] INFO  RequestCo

5. sample code.

Comment

On looking for sample code or best practices - sorry but again your description is too vague. Are there samples in the Showcase involving a variety of widgets? Yes...

A consulting engagement would start by understanding the scope of functionality being delivered and to what end users. There's no way to get specific advice with this basic information - only very general advice.

As far as GWT 2.3 - we can't tell if it's an installation issue or a bug in GWT 2.3 beta, but we recommend using a release version instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X