Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

OperationID for update operation in ListGrid

Hi All,

I am using nightly build of smartclient 8.0 (will just switch to release version soon) and i want to define operationID for update operation in list grid.

Basically I have one RestDataSource that is shared among two listgrid and both listgrid allow inline editing. Now i want to call different different URL of server on update operation initiated by both listgird. I know that i can define multiple same operation type using operationID and i am using it as well.

Is there a way i can define operationID for update operation in listgrid (like update operation accept requestProperties but i was unable to find how to do it in listgrid)

Thanks for support,
    Argopm

Set listGrid.updateOperation.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I tried below:
      List grid
      Code:
      isc.ListGrid.create({ID:"matchedResultLG",
      	dataSource:"ApsDS",
      updateOperation:'changeClassTypeOfResult'
      ......)};
      and datasource code is:

Code:
      isc.RestDataSource.create({
      ID:"ApsDS",

recordXPath:"//ApsDS",
      sendMetaData:true,
      metaDataPrefix:"",
      operationBindings: [{operationType:"update", dataProtocol:"postParams",dataURL:"./classificationControllerChangeScanClassType.htm"},
      		    {operationType:"update", operationId:"changeClassTypeOfResult", dataProtocol:"postParams",dataURL:"./classificationControllerChangeScanClassType.htm"}]

}  );
      but no luck. Please guide me to know what i am doing wrong.

Comment

Those two operationBindings declare the same dataURL.

Comment

Sorry that was my mistake, I changed the URL before posting and actually it is:

Code:
          [
          {operationType:"update", dataProtocol:"postParams",dataURL:"./classificationControllerChangeWrlsScanClassType.htm"},
          		    {operationType:"update", operationId:"changeClassTypeOfMatchedScanResult", dataProtocol:"postParams",dataURL:"./classificationControllerChangeMatchedScanClassType.htm"}

]
          Thanks.

Comment

Then clarify "no luck". What you've done changes the URL for "update" operations for the grid. Note that ListGrids also issue "add" operations when adding new records.

Comment

I am only using inline edit operation via listgrid and add/delete is not used. However i have used fetched operation with operation id but that is being invoked something like

Code:
              matchedScanResultLG.fetchData(null,null,{operationType:"getMatchedScanResults"});
              And it is working but no luck with update operation as it is triggered automatically and i am triggering fetch on tab selection so can control that.

Any more idea of what can be done?

Comment

The feature appears to be working fine for everyone. Look for typos and other basic errors and work toward a standalone test case.

Comment

Sorry for the typo, that is operationId not operationType.

Comment

Finally I got success by overriding transformRequest method of RestDataSource as mentioned below:

Code:
                     transformRequest : function (dsRequest) {
                             if (dsRequest.operationType == "update" && dsRequest.componentId=="matchedScanResultLG") {

// combine paging parameters with criteria
                                 dsRequest.operationId="changeClassTypeOfMatchedScanResult";
                    			return this.Super("transformRequest", dsRequest);
                    			}
                    			else return this.Super("transformRequest", dsRequest);
                             },

Comment

Working...
                    X