Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Password field showing the values in a list grid

Hi
    I am using a editable ListGrid in which i am using a password field . If i click on a row it is giving me a password field to edit that fine.

But all the other rows (kept unedited)it is showing the values ( Passwords) . I don't want this to be displayed instead i required a - or * to indicate this is a password field.

How to achieve this can you help me...

Hello Rajadurai
    You can achieve this by setting a formatCellValue() on your ListGrid field to return "***" for each record in the password field.

However you should be aware that this is not a totally secure pattern. The passwords would not be displayed to the user in the ListGrid, but a user with javascript expertise could extract them by (for example) looking at the ListGrid record object.

If your usage is some kind of admin interface where you just want the passwords to be masked (so no-one looking over the admin's shoulder can see them), this may be fine, but if you are concerned about keeping them secure, it may make more sense to structure your application such that the passwords are never sent from the server to the client.

Thanks
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thanks

Ok. Thanks for the information. It will be useful fo rme...

Comment

Working...
      X