Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Issue w/ Timeline StartTime in GUI

I'm attempting my first Timeline, by modifying the example code provided at http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#databound_timeline_new.

I did change the HeaderLevels from WEEK/DAY to DAY/HOUR. But not much else, still using the provided TimelineData.java class to generate the records, etc.

What I'm seeing is that for the start time, the graphical display of the CalendarEvent is observing hour but not the time (minutes anyway). The end time does appear to correctly observe the time value.

The attached image can better describe the condition.

Please advise, thanks.

GWT 2.5.0 Dev Mode,
    SGWT 3.1p 20130207 build,
    same showing in IE8 and Firefox 18.
    Attached Files

Can you go ahead and post the modified sample code? It's very easy for there to be some detail wrong that will mean we can't reproduce the effect you're seeing.

Comment

Modified code attached.

I'm running this in a fresh Eclipse workspace, with a freshly imported "BuildInDS" sample project from today's 3.1p build.
      Attached Files

Comment

What you're seeing is the event being snapped to the boundaries of the columns that it spans. This is happening for both start AND end time, incidentally - the gap you see on the right is the result of a separate setting (eventDragGap) which is incorrectly set in this case.

It's assigned to a developer to be fixed and we'll update this thread when we have more information.

Comment

We've altered a couple of defaults for Timeline vs Calendar, but there's no need to wait for an update to get the fixes, just setEventDragGap(0) and setSizeEventsToGrid(false) and that should fix it for you.

Comment

Working...
          X