Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

DynamicForm error laying out FormItems using smartgwt3.1p nightly build.

Using the 1/18/2013 smartgwt 3.1p patch build, jdk1.6, GWT2.5, Firefox17.

DynamicForms are now spacing form items vertically to fill the entire height of the form. Previous they would only consolidate up at the top of a form - regardless of the form height. Now they are equally spaced to fill the entire height of the form. Can this be fixed? Or is there a new setting to reverse this layout? Thanks.

It's not clear what you mean - are items themselves expanding (eg text entry field getting taller) or is there more space between items? Either way there's been no such intentional change, and the examples are not showing either effect either.

We would recommend trying to isolate a test case so we can see the effect. This might turn out to be something that went wrong during your upgrade attempt (stale files, files containing merge conflicts, that kind of thing).

Comment

The FormItems all are the correct height but are now equally spaced to fill the entire height of the form. All I have changed is the smartgwt3.1p nightly build libraries. Changing back to the 1st released version of smartgwt3.1p fixes the problem.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by piergrossim; 18 Jan 2013, 15:52.

Comment

That's really bizarre, and again, this is not happening in any samples. Please verify this by looking at the SDK samples outside of your current project, then let us know if you find a cause that suggests SmartGWT is at fault.

Comment

Here is an example of DynamicForm field layout bug.

Running this example below using the original smartgwt3.1p release libraries displays a form that has all form items consolidated to the top of the form. Running this example using the nightly build libraries displays a form that has all the form items equally spaced in a vertical fashion - which seems to be a bug.

package testCase.client;

import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
          import com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.DynamicForm;
          import com.smartgwt.client.widgets.form.fields.TextItem;

public class TestCase implements EntryPoint
          {
          public void onModuleLoad()
          {
          DynamicForm form1 = new DynamicForm();
          form1.setPadding(10);
          form1.setCellPadding(5);
          form1.setWidth100();
          form1.setHeight100();
          form1.setNumCols(4);
          TextItem[] items = new TextItem[8];
          for (int i=0; i<8; i++)
          {
          items[i] = new TextItem("Input_" + (i+1), "Input_" + (i+1));
          items[i].setWidth("*");
          }
          form1.setFields(items);
          form1.draw();
          }
          }
          Last edited by piergrossim; 23 Jan 2013, 13:34.

Comment

I saw the exact same problem with the 2013-01-22 nightly: http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=25141
            The form is in a VLayout which contains the form and a ToolStrip. ToolStrip has fixed height and the form has "*" height.
            This wasn't happening with 2013-01-17 nightly.
            To resolve the problem I had to put a spacer between the form and the ToolStrip.
            Last edited by basis.cedric; 23 Jan 2013, 12:24. Reason: Forgot URL

Comment

The example I gave has no tool strip or VLayout, just the form items on a DynamicForm. This worked just fine in the original smartgwt3.1p and earlier releases (3.0, etc.) so it is definitely a bug.
              Last edited by piergrossim; 23 Jan 2013, 13:33.

Comment

Just updated another application to test the new MultiFileItem translation features and seeing the same behaviour.
                In the two applications I have all fields in sections, don't know if it matters.

Comment

DynamicForm layout problem

Seeing the same issue on SmartClient Version: v8.3p_2013-01-23/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-01-23)

The form items expand to fill all available space which is not the expected behavior.

This used to work just fine just a few weeks ago on SmartClient Version: v8.3p_2013-01-09/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2013-01-09). So the new behavior seems like a bug.

No errors in any log.

IE 9.0.8112.16421 on Vista in dev mode.

Using <!DOCTYPE html>

This is a pretty simple case with a DynamicForm with 2 items. The items have fixed heights, but the items expand to fill all available space. Sample code to reproduce the behavior below:

Code:
                  	private void testCase0() {
                  		 DynamicForm f = new DynamicForm();  
                       f.setID("exampleForm");  
                       f.setWidth(350);  
                       f.setHeight(350);

TextItem orderID = new TextItem("orderID"); 
                       orderID.setTitleVAlign(VerticalAlignment.TOP);
                       orderID.setHeight("22");

DateItem orderDate = new DateItem("orderDate");
                       orderDate.setTitleVAlign(VerticalAlignment.TOP);
                       orderDate.setHeight("22");

f.setItems(orderID, orderDate);

f.draw();
                  	}
                  Screenshot also attached

Thanks,
                  --Harish.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can someone from Isomorphic take a look at this issue?

We need a resolution on the dynamic form fields layout soon, due to our release schedule. I have noticed there seems to be quite a bit broken elsewhere when running FireFox18 - so I know your busy (we run FireFox17) but some indication on when a fix might be forthcoming would be nice. Thanks,

Comment

We have the Form layout issue in hand. We anticipate a fix today or tomorrow. We'll update the thread when the fix is in place.

Regards
                      Isomorphic Software

Comment

This should now be resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards
                        Isomorphic Software

Comment

I've tried with 2013-02-08 and the problem was solved.

Comment

Working...
                          X