Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ListGrid Summary Values and Tab Key in SmartGWT 2.0

I was initially using SmartGWT 1.3, GWT 1.7, GWT Maven Plugin 1.1, and Eclipse Galileo SR1 IDE.

I am attempting to add records to an empty ListGrid. With SmartGWT 1.3, the Tab key works as it should (in hosted mode, IE 7, and FireFox), moving from field to field in a row, and starting a new record when I tab from the last field in a row. The grid has a summary row in which I am summing the total of a money column. When I enter a money value and tab to the next field, the summary value is updated properly. When I tab to a new row, the summary value disappears. I expected the summary value to always be displayed. When the summary value is displayed, and I click on the remove row icon (an additional column in the grid) on any row, the row disappears as it should, but the summary value is not updated.

I really want to display the summary value in the heading of my screen, but I could not find a way to do that unless I calculate the total myself. I figured that since the total is already being calculated for the summary row, I should be able to access that value, and display it in the heading. I was excited to see the getGridSummary method in SmartGWT 2.0 until I realized that it was a protected method. It would be nice to have a public method like that, that would allow me to get the summary row value and display it in the heading. Is there another way I can retrieve that summary value?

Without making any code changes, I upgraded to SmartGWT 2.0, GWT 2.0, and GWT Maven Plugin 1.2 to see if there have been any changes that would cause the deletion of a row to update summary values. Now, the Tab key does not work in the grid. When I type a value in the first field and press Tab, focus is removed from the grid. It seems to be going to the url field of the browser. I got the same results in IE7 and Firefox. I have to use a mouse-click to go to another field in the grid. I have to arrow down to go to the next row.

There are other grids in the application in which the Tab key still works properly. These grids already have data loaded into them from an Informix database before any editing begins. This is the only difference I can see between the initially empty grid where the Tab key does not work and the grids where the Tab key does work. I could not find any showcase example of adding data into an empty grid.

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on, or do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

1. I'll make ListGrid.getGridSummary() public

2. The tab key issue was recently fixed and will hit SVN in a couple of days.

Sanjiv

Comment

The tab key worked properly in one of the nightly builds from Feb. 3, but the tab key problem reappeared in the nightly build from Feb. 5.

Is there a list of changes available for each nightly build? I have looked for one, but have had no luck.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X