Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Beginning Smart GWT - XMLRPC

Hi there,

I'm newbee here so please bear with me. I've been playing around with Smart GWT all evening. And although I really lacked some ground up tutorial/manual, I managed to get it up and running :)

I'm planning to communicate with the server using xmlrpc. As far as I can see SmartGWT doesn't have build-in support for that. So I've been looking around this forum the last couple of hours to find out how to make a custom DataSource. And allthough there are lots of threads dealing with the issue, I'm not entirely sure what is best practice? Could someone advice? Or point me to the conclusion of how to implement a custom datasouce? Even better - a tutorial, as I find it quite difficult (as a total beginner) to extract the wisdom of long threads with lots of suggestions and evolving code examples.

Another issue that I know I will be dealing with, is paging of the data. How is this done?

What I really could use is an in depth article/tutorial that describes the inner workings of DataSources + Widgets. Does such a goldmine exist?

Best regards,
    Barsum

P.S. The link in the thread regarding Eclipse and Maven is no longer valid. http://forums.smartclient.com/showthread.php?t=3206

See the FAQ - it points to the databinding overviews that explain how to build a DataSource that uses it's own XML or JSON format. However, if you have a choice what protocol to use, consider RestDataSource.

Comment

Working...
    X