Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Live Filter on a ListGrid question

Is it possible to use a Live Filter on a ListGrid that is grouped and enabled for drag and drop? The ListGrid is not backed by a DataSource, it is set initially with a set of records, and then the user can drag and drop to another ListGrid.

I have a ListGrid that is enabled for Drag and Drop, and is grouped and when I set the following settings:

availableGrid.setShowFilterEditor(true);
    availableGrid.setFilterOnKeypress(true);
    availableGrid.setFilterLocalData(true);

I see this error:

Code:
    ERROR: 16:17:22.195:selectionchange2:WARN:ListGrid:isc_ListGrid_2:No DataSource or invalid DataSource specified, can't create data model
        ** recursed on [a]MathFunction.invokeSuper
    com.smartgwt.client.core.JsObject$SGWT_WARN: 16:17:22.195:selectionchange2:WARN:ListGrid:isc_ListGrid_2:No DataSource or invalid DataSource specified, can't create data model
        ** recursed on [a]MathFunction.invokeSuper
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodAdaptor.invoke(MethodAdaptor.java:105)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.MethodDispatch.invoke(MethodDispatch.java:71)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.OophmSessionHandler.invoke(OophmSessionHandler.java:172)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.reactToMessages(BrowserChannelServer.java:293)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.processConnection(BrowserChannelServer.java:547)
    	at com.google.gwt.dev.shell.BrowserChannelServer.run(BrowserChannelServer.java:364)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

I probably need to create a dummy data source solely for this purpose...

Comment

Even with filterLocalData enabled, a ListGrid does need a DataSource (defining the schema of the data).
      If you have such a dataSource and this problem persists, please show us a simple test case to reproduce the problem and we'll take a look.

Thanks
      Isomorphic Software

EDIT: And yes - a clientOnly dataSource would be another solution which will probably solve this issue for you.

Comment

I created a DataSource and set it to the grid. The error in the dev log went away, but the search field doesn't do anything. I'll have to come back to this one later to build a test case for you.

Code:
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <DataSource ID="pivot_table_dimension_select_search" serverType="generic">

<fields>
                <field name="id" type="integer" hidden="true" primaryKey="true"/>
                <field name="dimension" type="text" />
            </fields>

</DataSource>

Comment

Does Live Filter work on a grouped list in version 12? I'm not able to get them to work together with a clientOnly datasource

Comment

Yes. We do not remove features between versions. If you think you have correct code and are having a problem, start a *new thread* and post minimal, ready-to-run code that seems to show a framework issue.

Comment

Working...
            X