Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Is that true for GWT 2.6?
    We're not sure what you're asking about, but we haven't said anything that is specific to any GWT version.

Also, is there a cause you might know of off hand that would cause trying to open the dev console in IE 8 to redirect you to the login screen?
    Not being logged in?

Our product doesn't ship with a login screen or authentication system, so we really wouldn't be able to tell you why your authentication system is doing this.

Comment

Sorry I was asking if IE 8 works in quirks mode when compiled with 2.6, I know they dropped IE 6 and 7 permutations.

Comment

Core GWT has warned about quirks mode not being supported for a long time. We're not sure if they've finally actually broken something in quirks mode - it would depend on what specific core GWT features you were using.

Comment

So it turns out that its actually client side code that is causing the session to be invalidated when opening the dev console. We have added a Window.addClosingHandler that invalidates the session on the server in case the client does not do so explicitly. However, this event is fired if the browser is closed, or if the browser navigates to another url. In firefox, as it turns out, this event does not get fired when navigate to another url, however in IE it does and it views the url for the dev console as navigating to a new url. Any suggestions on how to prevent this event from firing when trying to open the dev console?

Comment

That's very very strange and we're not sure that explanation is correct. Showing the Developer Console results in a call to window.open(), but does not attempt to navigate the main page at all. If you are correct, the core GWT Window.addClosingHandler() API appears to be very broken.

Regardless, an effective workaround would be to set a global variable before showing the Developer Console, and checking for this global variable before actually invalidating the session. Then obviously clear the global variable after showing the Developer Console.

Comment

Well to be certain I open a dialog in the Window.ClosingHandler and stop the web page from reloading after logging out, and I can confirm that for whatever reason the event is fired, my dialog opens and the event message is null, and the rpc message to log the user out is successfully sent. Can you help me to understand what precisely that command does so I can report the issue to gwt?

Comment

We tested this out, and it's not executing isc.showConsole() that falsely triggers the ClosingHandler.

It's use of a bookmark - any bookmark at all. And the closing handler fires before the code in a bookmark runs at all.

So you could create a button or keyboard shortcut to open the Developer Console, but given IE's broken behavior here, that's about it. There's nothing we can do to fix the bookmark, and nothing you could put in the bookmark code to work around the problem.

Comment

That's interesting thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X