Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Yes, and the first two are fixed for tomorrow's builds, dated June 20 and later.

We also see the third issue, but this is still under investigation. We'll update here when we have a fix.

Comment

Your issue of eventCanvases apparently not being drawn for your new events is now fixed. You can test out all these fixes in builds dated June 23 and later.

Comment

Okay thank you, I will test with the new build tomorrow.

Looking at the show case, I'm still seeing the overlapping issue I mentioned in post #26.

Comment

What is the ETA on the June 23 build?

Comment

The builds are running now - no specific ETA, but they should be there within a couple of hours.

Comment

Hi, I have tested the new build and right now everything seems to be working.

Although when I was messing around in the showcase, I came upon some weird behavior that I thought I should bring to your attention.

I will try to describe the steps I took to recreate the errors

Weird behavior number 1 (all events disappear):
              Open http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#databound_timeline and drag the startDate of the event "ListGrid cell-level selection" 1 day to the right.
              When I do this, all events in the timeline disappear.
              The developer console shows the following error when it happens:
              Code:
              00:40:40.662:TMR0:WARN:Log:TypeError: Cannot read property 'getTime' of null
              Stack from error.stack:
              	TimelineView.refreshEvents(<no args: exited>) on [TimelineView ID:isc_Timeline_0_timelineView] @ ISC_Calendar.js:188:125
              	Timeline.refreshSelectedView(<no args: exited>) on [Timeline ID:isc_Timeline_0] @ ISC_Calendar.js:378:1353
              	Timeline.dataChanged(<no args: exited>) on [Timeline ID:isc_Timeline_0] @ ISC_Calendar.js:378:272
              	ResultSet.eval(<no args: exited>) on [ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (dataSource: isc_DataSource_0, created by: isc_Timeline_0)] @ [no file]:2:10
              	Timeline.thunk(<no args: exited>) on [Timeline ID:isc_Timeline_0] @ ISC_Core.js:304:28
              	ResultSet.observation(<no args: exited>) on [ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (dataSource: isc_DataSource_0, created by: isc_Timeline_0)] @ ISC_Core.js:301:378
              	ResultSet.doneChangingData(<no args: exited>) on [ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (dataSource: isc_DataSource_0, created by: isc_Timeline_0)] @ ISC_DataBinding.js:1859:29
              	ResultSet.handleUpdate(<no args: exited>) on [ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (dataSource: isc_DataSource_0, created by: isc_Timeline_0)] @ ISC_DataBinding.js:1857:33
              	ResultSet.dataSourceDataChanged(<no args: exited>) on [ResultSet ID:isc_ResultSet_0 (dataSource: isc_DataSource_0, created by: isc_Timeline_0)] @ ISC_DataBinding.js:1854:6
              	DataSource.eval(<no args: exited>) on [DataSource ID:isc_DataSource_0] @ [no file]:2:10

00:40:40.720:TMR6:WARN:Log:TypeError: Cannot read property 'toShortDate' of null
              Stack from error.stack:
              	Timeline.getEventHoverHTML(<no args: exited>) on [Timeline ID:isc_Timeline_0] @ ISC_Calendar.js:410:142
              	EventCanvas.getHoverHTML(<no args: exited>) on [EventCanvas ID:isc_Timeline_0_eventCanvas_isc_OID_9] @ ISC_Calendar.js:594:138
              	EventCanvas.handleHover(<no args: exited>) on [EventCanvas ID:isc_Timeline_0_eventCanvas_isc_OID_9] @ ISC_Core.js:2787:801
              	EventCanvas.handleHover(<no args: exited>) on [EventCanvas ID:isc_Timeline_0_eventCanvas_isc_OID_9] @ ISC_Core.js:2787:347
              	Hover._doAction(<no args: exited>) @ ISC_Core.js:3451:311
              	[c]Class.fireCallback(_1=>Obj, _2=>undef, _3=>Array[0], _4=>[Class Hover], _5=>true) @ ISC_Core.js:270:78
              	Timer._fireTimeout(_1=>"$ir174", _2=>337, _3=>undef) @ ISC_Core.js:1271:222
              	<anonymous>() @ ISC_Core.js:1269:40
              Weird behavior number 2 (some events lose resize controls):
              Open a new http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#databound_timeline and drag and drop the event "SQLDataSource" to the lane above (Darcy Freeney) and then drag it back down back down to its original lane (Kai Kong).
              If you mouse over the events "New Samples", "Visual Builder skin" and "FileItem" you will now see that they have lost their resize controls.

Weird behavior number 3 (overlapping events):
              This is the same as I have described before so just disregard if you are already looking at it.
              Open a new http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#databound_timeline and drag the event "includeFrom" 1 day to the left so it overlaps with "SQLDataSource" on the date 6/6. The two events are not resized to make room for each other.

Weird behavior number 4 (short events look wrong on high timeline resolution):
              Open http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#timeline_resolution_new and press the "Hours (1 day)" resolution button.
              Press the + sign button and create a new event in the Charles Madigen lane.
              When the event is created, press the "Months (2 year2, with quarters)" button.
              In this view can see that the newly created 1 hour long event stretches over almost 2 months.

Right now I only have number 4 as a problem with my own code. If I enable eventCanvasRolloverControls I also see number 2, but since i don't use rollover controls it is not a problem for me.

This was all done in Chrome Version 42.0.2311.152 m.

Let me know if you have problems recreating the behavior.

Comment

I have a question regarding Timeline.setShowWeekends.

When I set showWeekends to false for my timeline, events ending on a sunday show like they end on Monday instead (see screenshot).
                I would expect the event to stop on Friday when not showing weekends.
                This this a bug?

TestCase:
                Code:
                public Timeline getTimeline()
                {
                	final Timeline calendar = new Timeline();  
                	calendar.setHeight(451);  
                	calendar.setStartDate(new Date(115,6,1));
                	calendar.setCanEditLane(true);  
                	calendar.setShowEventDescriptions(false); 
                	calendar.setUseEventCanvasRolloverControls(false); 
                	calendar.setFirstDayOfWeek(0);
                	calendar.setLaneEventPadding(2); // add a little space around events  
                	calendar.setShowWeekends(false);
                	HeaderLevel[] headerLevels = new HeaderLevel[]{  
                	    new HeaderLevel(TimeUnit.WEEK),   
                	    new HeaderLevel(TimeUnit.DAY)  
                	};  
                	calendar.setHeaderLevels(headerLevels);  
                	calendar.setLaneFields(new ListGridField[]{ new ListGridField("title", "Developer", 120)});  
                	calendar.setLanes(TimelineLaneData.getRecords());  
                	calendar.setData(TimelineData.getRecords());

return calendar;
                }

public static class TimelineData {  

private static CalendarEvent[] records;  
                    private static Date today = new Date();  
                    private static int year = today.getYear();  
                    private static int month = today.getMonth();  
                    private static int start = today.getDate();  

public TimelineData() {  
                    }  
                    public static CalendarEvent[] getRecords() {  
                        if (records == null) {  
                            records = getNewRecords();  
                        }  
                        return records;  
                    }  

public static CalendarEvent[] getNewRecords() {  
                        return new CalendarEvent[]{  
                        	new CalendarEvent(1, "Test", "This is a test", new Date(115,6,3), new Date(115,6,6), "charlesMadigen")};

}  
                }  

public static class TimelineLaneData {  

private static Lane[] records;  

public static Lane[] getRecords() {  
                        if (records == null) {  
                            records = getNewRecords();  
                        }  
                        return records;  
                    }  

public TimelineLaneData() {  
                    }  

public static Lane[] getNewRecords() {  
                        Lane[] lanes = new Lane[]{  
                        getLane("charlesMadigen", "Charles Madigen", "Managers"),  
                        getLane("tamaraKane", "Tamara Kane", "Developers"),  
                        getLane("darcyFeeney", "Darcy Feeney", "Managers"),  
                        getLane("kaiKong", "Kai Kong", "Developers"),  
                        getLane("shelleyFewel", "Shelley Fewel", "Managers"),  
                        getLane("garretMonroe", "Garret Monroe", "Developers")  
                	    };  
                	    return lanes;  
                    }  

private static Lane getLane(String name, String title, String devGroup) {  
                	    Lane lane = new Lane(name, title);  
                	    lane.setAttribute("devGroup", devGroup);  
                        return lane;  
                    }  
                }
                Attached Files

Comment

To answer your latter question, yes, we agree, and we'll fix that shortly.

On your earlier issues with one of our samples - these are all related to there being no eventSnapGap defined in that sample - we're adding a mechanism to select a sensible one automatically, based on granularity and unitsPerColumn, if one isn't provided.

We'll update here when these changes hit the builds.

Comment

Great thank you.

About number 4, I'm still seeing that even though I have setEventSnapGap(1440) on my timeline. And according to the sourcecode of http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#timeline_resolution_new it also has an eventSnapGap defined.

Comment

Any progress on this?

Comment

Yes, apologies for the delay - we've made a bunch of changes to the snapGap subsystem but they haven't hit the nightly builds as yet. They should be in place within a day or so.

Comment

These changes are now in the nightly build code stream, so you can try them out in builds dated July 13.

Note that these changes include catching snapGaps that are too small or too large and defaulting them to a sensible minimum, or the cell-length. Also, for Timelines, if there's no defined snapGap, a minimum sensible value will be applied automatically, according to the details of the current resolution.

Comment

Note that, just in case you come across it, a regression was introduced in the build we mentioned, July 13 - you may see a JS error when showing the eventEditor for an event.

This has already been fixed and will be present in builds dated July 14 and later.

Comment

SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2015-07-14/Pro Deployment (built 2015-07-14)

I have found some more wierd behavior with my timeline when using timeline zones and I was able to recreate it in the showcase.

Steps to replicate:
                              1. Open http://www.smartclient.com/smartgwt/showcase/#timeline_zones_and_indicators_new
                              2. Choose Jun 12 2012 as the timeline start date.
                              3. Edit some events.

When doing this, events in the same lane as the edit start to disappear or change size, and events from before the start date show up as small events in the beginning of the timeline.

I have added a screenshot of the behavior.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This issue is fixed for builds dated August 20 and later.

Comment

Working...
                                X