Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

At this stage we're trying to pin down what's going wrong for you, and why we're not seeing it.
    Ultimately we don't necessarily need you to remove gwt-ext from your app -- what we need is to determine what's special about your app that's causing this problem to occur when we're not getting it in simple test cases. Then we can determine how best to proceed (whether there's an application change that makes sense or a framework problem we need to address).

To put it another way - we ran your entry point class with what appear to be basically the same settings (doctype, skin, etc) and didn't see the problem - yet you say you are seeing the problem in your project, so we need to determine what about your project or environment is causing you to get different behavior from us.
    At this point the presence of gwt-ext seems a likely candidate whether due to additional CSS, or customized DOM event handling or something else, so we're asking you to see if removing it from the project while running just this simple test case changes the behavior.

Perhaps a simpler way to proceed would be to create an entirely new GWT project, inherit the SmartClient libraries and set the entryPoint to the simple code you showed us.
    We would expect you *not* to see the problem immediately with this, since we're not getting it. Try adding the gwt-ext inherit block and see if the problem starts to manifest. If not there must be something else special about your application configuration.
    Once we have a clear picture of what is special about the app we should be able to determine the underlying cause, including whether there's actually a framework problem that needs fixing.

Note - we rarely do this, but given the trickiness of reproducing this issue, if you can get the new, incredibly simple project to reproduce the problem we may have you send us a zip of the entire project via email so we can try it out exactly as you have things set up.

Regards
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

I think this is a browser issue. I still see scrollbars from my ie10 browser and another machine's browser on which I tested before. Cleared cache, refreshed etc but the problem remains. I tested from few other machines with ie10 browser and don't see the extra scrollbar.

Also, as I said before, on resizing the browser window, the scroll bar sometimes goes away (on my machine).

Do you know why this is happening?
      Last edited by karankhokhani; 12 Aug 2013, 09:02.

Comment

You may have some odd setting on your test machine(s) which are causing the problem.

Zoom is one possibly culprit - ensure the browser zoom level is set to the default.
        Another possibility is if you've used the developer tools to explicitly manipulate the browser-mode or document-mode of the page. There are some known oddities when doing this in IE10, so you want to ensure that the browser picks up these properties from the page's doctype and meta-tags (if present), as it would for a normal user accessing your app.

Other than that, you could check your reported browser version on machines that do and do-not exhibit the problem and see if there's a difference, and look for any 3rd party browser plugins etc that might somehow impact rendering behavior.

Comment

Found the culprit ... Zoom it is !!

Thanks for all your help .. really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
          X