Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

ValuesManager with FileItem does not display all validation errors

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-04-29/Pro Deployment (built 2014-04-29)

(SmartGWT Pro 4.1)
    Firefox 26.0

Compiled + Hosted mode.

I have discovered a problem using FileItem and ValuesManager. The symptoms are similar to this old post which says the problem was fixed in version 2.2:

http://forums.smartclient.com/showth...tem+validation

My situation is I have 3 DynamicForms tied together with a ValuesManager. One of the forms contains a FileItem, the other two do not. If I submit the ValuesManager and the DataSource returns validation errors for all 3 forms, only the errors for the form with the FileItem appear visually on-screen and I get the following error in the logs:

13:36:12.831:IFCS1:WARN:validation:isc_DynamicForm_3:Validation errors occurred for the following fields with no visible form items
    (then it lists the fields and the error messages)

If I remove the FileItem from the form and try the same operation again, errors show on all 3 forms correctly.

I have verified through the developer console that everything checks out and the errors are being returned from the server (also proven by removing FileItem from the first form).

I can put together a standalone test case if required, but is this a known problem with a workaround already?

Thanks.

We're not aware of this issue. Please do put together a little test case so we can be sure we're seeing exactly the behavior you describe.

Thanks
    Isomorphic Software

Comment

I was able to recreate the issue with the following configuration.

Using the attached configuration, validation errors only appear in form1 when the button is clicked.

In Test.java, if you change

Code:
      form1.setFields( pk, file, name, submit );
      to

Code:
      form1.setFields( pk, name, submit );
      then the validation errors are displayed against elements in form1, form2 and form3 when the button is clicked.
      Attached Files

Comment

A quick follow up to let you know this is not forgotten. We'll follow up when we have more information for you.

Regards
        Isomorphic Software

Comment

Thanks.

In the meantime I have worked around the issue by removing ValuesManager from the code and using a single form containing all fields, although this compromises my layout and is not ideal.

Comment

This issue should now be resolved. Please try the latest nightly build (The fix should exist in the Nov 4 build) and let us know if the problem persists.

Regards
            Isomorphic Software

Comment

Confirmed, my test case passes in

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2014-11-05/Pro Deployment (built 2014-11-05)

Thanks.

Comment

A quick follow up on this. We just encountered a pretty major regression with file upload as a result of the change we made for this issue. We've therefore pulled all the builds containing this fix from our download page, and are currently building a fresh set of packages with a version of the fix which addresses your original issue without the subsequent regression.

So please try the next available nightly build, dated Nov 8 or above to pick up a reworked, safer version of the fix.

Regards
                Isomorphic Software

Comment

Working...
                X