Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
Clear All

Problem building with NoScript.gwt.xml and RealtimeMessaging

Hello,

we use SmartClient Version: v10.0p_2014-10-29/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2014-10-29)

We also use the Realtime Messaging module from the same nightly build.

Our normal gwt.xml includes:

<inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoTheme"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.RealtimeMessaging"/>

This builds fine and includes the <module>/sc/modules/ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js to our war.

But I want to use SuperDev mode so I need to inherit the NoScript files.

If I now switch to
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoTheme"/>
    <inherits name="com.smartgwt.RealtimeMessagingNoScript"/>

Everything is fine, too.

If I switch to
    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme"/>

The <module>/sc/modules/ISC_RealtimeMessaging.js is not generated any more :-(

I would appreciate some help here.

Best Regards,
    Christian

Thanks for pointing this out. It's a bug specific to the SmartGwtNoScriptNoTheme.gwt.xml project that affects dependencies (such as SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme.gwt.xml). We'll update the thread again when a fix has been committed.
    Last edited by Isomorphic; 18 Nov 2014, 01:29.

Comment

We've fixed the problem in SGWT 5.1d and 5.0p; check the next nightlies.

In the currently released builds, a workaround would be to simply inherit SmartGwtEENoScript rather than SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme. That's because without the current fix, the two act the same, neither pulling in any skins, except that SmartGwtEENoScriipt doesn't break use of the RealtimeMessaging Module.

Comment

Thank you.

I tested with the 5.0p from 2014-11-23 and now everything builds fine :-)

Comment

I seem to be having the same problem on 4.1p. I have the 12/10/2014 patch at present. Can you confirm this is an issue that needs to be ported back?

Comment

We've ported the fix to SGWT 4.1p. This should be in today's build (marked 12-12-2014).

Comment

I am having another issue, where the dev consoles skin is unavailable, and renders the interface unusable.

Code:
                  <inherits name='com.google.gwt.logging.Logging'/>
                  <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScriptNoTheme"/>
                  <inherits name="com.smartclient.theme.enterprise.EnterpriseResources"/>
              However, in Firebug Net Console for all resources it attempts to load we get 404s.

Code:
              "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - url_to_application/sc/skins/Enterprise/load_skin.js?isc_version=v9.1p_2015-01-10.js"
              load_sk...1-10.js
              "NetworkError: 404 Not Found - url_to_application/sc/system/helpers/skins/Enterprise/skin_styles.css"
              The compile process seems to be skipping including the EnterpriseResources?

SmartClient Version: v9.1p_2015-01-10/PowerEdition Deployment (built 2015-01-10)

We bundle 3 custom skins in the war, and provide a similar functionality as in the showcase to load a specific skin.

How can we get the enterprise skin to be available for the dev console?
              Last edited by jpappalardo; 16 Jan 2015, 12:34.

Comment

Have you tried just using:

Code:
                    <inherits name='com.google.gwt.logging.Logging'/>
                    <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScript"/>
                The ...NoScript variant differs from the ...NoScriptNoTheme variant only by including EnterpriseResources, so it's not clear why you want to exclude it only to add it right back.

Comment

I dont include the theme, because I dont want to use the theme in our application, but there is no way to use a custom theme in the dev console. I used to use just the NoTheme option to exclude using the built in theme, but included the EnterpriseResources so the dev console would work. Now that I have switched to NoThemeNoScript for SuperDevMode, it no longer works.

Comment

What we're saying is that code we added above is functionally identical to what you posted. They should have the same effect. Any disadvantage of the snippet we posted also applies to the one you posted.

Using our snippet should, however, avoid the missing resources error causing the 404.
                    Last edited by Isomorphic; 16 Jan 2015, 13:54.

Comment

This should be fixed in the nightly builds available tomorrow for SGWT 4.1p+ (if you don't want to use the suggested workaround).

Comment

I am trying to include the messaging module, so I did as Isomorphic recommended here:
                        Code:
                        But I get:
                        Code:
                        [INFO]    Loading inherited module 'com.smartgwt.RealtimeMessagingNoScript'
                        [INFO]       [ERROR] Unable to find 'com/smartgwt/RealtimeMessagingNoScript.gwt.xml' on your classpath; could be a typo, or maybe you forgot to include a classpath entry for source?
                        [INFO]    [ERROR] Line 7: Unexpected exception while processing element 'inherits'
                        [INFO] com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:328)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefSchema$BodySchema.__inherits_begin(ModuleDefSchema.java:497)
                        [INFO]     at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
                        [INFO]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeBegin(HandlerMethod.java:230)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.startElement(ReflectiveParser.java:294)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:347)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access$200(ReflectiveParser.java:68)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:418)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:346)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:267)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:210)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromResources(ModuleDefLoader.java:170)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.loadModule(Recompiler.java:214)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.compile(Recompiler.java:105)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.ModuleState.<init>(ModuleState.java:58)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.makeModules(CodeServer.java:120)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.start(CodeServer.java:95)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:71)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:49)
                        [INFO]    [ERROR] Failure while parsing XML
                        [INFO] com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.DefaultSchema.onHandlerException(DefaultSchema.java:58)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.Schema.onHandlerException(Schema.java:66)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.Schema.onHandlerException(Schema.java:66)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.HandlerMethod.invokeBegin(HandlerMethod.java:240)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.startElement(ReflectiveParser.java:294)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:347)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.access$200(ReflectiveParser.java:68)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:418)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:346)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:267)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:210)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromResources(ModuleDefLoader.java:170)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.loadModule(Recompiler.java:214)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.compile(Recompiler.java:105)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.ModuleState.<init>(ModuleState.java:58)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.makeModules(CodeServer.java:120)
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.start(CodeServer.java:95)
                        [INFO]    [ERROR] Unexpected error while processing XML
                        [INFO]     at com.google.gwt.dev.util.xml.ReflectiveParser$Impl.parse(ReflectiveParser.java:371)
                        [ERROR] com.google.gwt.core.ext.UnableToCompleteException: (see previous log entries)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.nestedLoad(ModuleDefLoader.java:349)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.load(ModuleDefLoader.java:267)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.doLoadModule(ModuleDefLoader.java:210)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.cfg.ModuleDefLoader.loadFromResources(ModuleDefLoader.java:170)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.loadModule(Recompiler.java:214)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.Recompiler.compile(Recompiler.java:105)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.ModuleState.<init>(ModuleState.java:58)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.makeModules(CodeServer.java:120)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.start(CodeServer.java:95)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:71)
                        [ERROR]     at com.google.gwt.dev.codeserver.CodeServer.main(CodeServer.java:49)
                        What am I doing wrong? Using 5.1p 22.03 power

The rest of my configuration:

Code:
                        <inherits name="com.smartgwtee.SmartGwtEENoScript" />
                            <inherits
                                name="com.smartclient.theme.enterpriseblue.EnterpriseBlueResources" />

Comment

In my maven I have:
                          Code:
                          <dependency>
                                      <groupId>com.isomorphic.smartgwt.power</groupId>
                                      <artifactId>isomorphic-messaging</artifactId>
                                      <version>${smartgwt.version}</version>
                                      <type>pom</type>
                                  </dependency>
                          But the same error. I also tried without the <type>pom</type> part. What am I missing?

Comment

Maven errors:
                            Code:
                            [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.6.1:compile (default) on project kids: GWT Module com.smartgwt.RealtimeMessaging not found in project sources or resources. -> [Help 1]
                            [ERROR]
                            [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
                            [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
                            [ERROR]
                            [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
                            [ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Comment

Isomorphic? What am I missing?
                              I am not able to use the messaging module because of these errors.

Comment

Working...
                              X